Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

  • Steinar Aanesland
    Message 1 of 16 , May 2, 2013
      Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
      intuitive than UI-View32

      LA5VNA Steinar
      loc:JO59jq

    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2013

        Try BPQAPRS…

        Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
        intuitive than UI-View32

        LA5VNA Steinar
        loc:JO59jq

        Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John Wiseman:

        > Ok,
        >
        > It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
        > particularly want to use aprsis32?

      • Steinar Aanesland
        Message 3 of 16 , May 2, 2013
          Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

          LA5VNA Steinar
          loc:JO59jq

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 16 , May 2, 2013

            Ok… I see.. No ..

            Maybe john can add that in …

            I did not know UIView 32 could… I quit using UIVIEW in favor of BPQAPRS…

            73

            Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

            LA5VNA Steinar
            loc:JO59jq

            Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

            > Try BPQAPRS.

          • N9ACQ
            Message 5 of 16 , May 2, 2013

              Steiner

                              Programs must have either the BPQ, AGW , WINMOR or virtual com ;port that emulates a KAM/+. That may be the route you need to investigate. I use it for Paclink - BPQ – WINMOR.

              73 Bill

              N9ACQ

              Message 6 of 16 , May 3, 2013
                Not yet.

                But it was designed to  - I just never got round to do doing it.

                It would be pretty easy to add WINMOR FEC to BPQAPRS, it would take much more effort to write something that emulated a KISS TNC so it could be used by other APRS programs.

                73, John

                Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                LA5VNA Steinar
                loc:JO59jq

                Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                > Try
                BPQAPRS.

                To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                > Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I
                find it more clean and
                > intuitive than UI-View32
                >
                > LA5VNA
                Steinar
                > loc:JO59jq
                >
                > Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John
                Wiseman:
                >> Ok,
                >>
                >> It would be a lot easier to
                interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
                >> particularly want to
                use aprsis32?

                >> John
                >>
                >> _____
                >>
                >> From:
                > [mailto:
                > Of

                Steinar Aanesland
                >> Sent: 02 May 2013 21:01
                >> To:
                >> Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re:
                BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

                ,

                >> That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am
                looking forward to this
                >> option , if you got the time
                ;)

                >> LA5VNA Steinar

                loc:JO59jq

                >> Den 02.05.2013 21:35, skrev John
                Wiseman:
                >>> It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR
                FEC packets. I did
                >>> think about doing it once, but never gor
                round to it. Maybe now is the
                >> time!
                >>> When I have an
                hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

                >>> The
                same could be done using V4.

                >>> 73,
                John

                From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                >> [mailto:

                played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

                >>> The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode,
                but then I was thinking
                >> what
                >>> about using winmor in
                stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc

                and
                >>> what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32
                software to
                >>> winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.
                >>>
                >>> la5vna S
                >>>
                >>> --- In
                BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
                >>> Wiseman"
                <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                Steinar.

> [...]
                do - there may be a way!