RE: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

    Message 1 of 16 , May 2, 2013
      Ok,

      It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you particularly want to use aprsis32?

      John

      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2013
        Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
        intuitive than UI-View32

        LA5VNA Steinar
        loc:JO59jq

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 16 , May 2, 2013

          Try BPQAPRS…

          Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
          intuitive than UI-View32

          LA5VNA Steinar
          loc:JO59jq

          Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John Wiseman:

          > Ok,
          >
          > It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
          > particularly want to use aprsis32?

        • Steinar Aanesland
          Message 4 of 16 , May 2, 2013
            Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

            LA5VNA Steinar
            loc:JO59jq

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 16 , May 2, 2013

              Ok… I see.. No ..

              Maybe john can add that in …

              I did not know UIView 32 could… I quit using UIVIEW in favor of BPQAPRS…

              73

              Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

              LA5VNA Steinar
              loc:JO59jq

              Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

              > Try BPQAPRS.

            • N9ACQ
              Message 6 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                Steiner

                                Programs must have either the BPQ, AGW , WINMOR or virtual com ;port that emulates a KAM/+. That may be the route you need to investigate. I use it for Paclink - BPQ – WINMOR.

                73 Bill

                N9ACQ

                Message 7 of 16 , May 3, 2013
                  Not yet.

                  But it was designed to  - I just never got round to do doing it.

                  It would be pretty easy to add WINMOR FEC to BPQAPRS, it would take much more effort to write something that emulated a KISS TNC so it could be used by other APRS programs.

                  73, John

                  Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                  LA5VNA Steinar
                  loc:JO59jq

                  Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                  > Try
                  BPQAPRS.

                  To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                  > Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I
                  find it more clean and
                  > intuitive than UI-View32
                  >
                  > LA5VNA
                  Steinar
                  > loc:JO59jq
                  >
                  > Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John
                  Wiseman:
                  >> Ok,
                  >>
                  >> It would be a lot easier to
                  interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
                  >> particularly want to
                  use aprsis32?

                  >> John
                  >>
                  >> _____
                  >>
                  >> From:
                  > [mailto:
                  > Of

                  Steinar Aanesland
                  >> Sent: 02 May 2013 21:01
                  >> To:
                  >> Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re:
                  BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

                  ,

                  >> That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am
                  looking forward to this
                  >> option , if you got the time
                  ;)

                  >> LA5VNA Steinar

                  loc:JO59jq

                  >> Den 02.05.2013 21:35, skrev John
                  Wiseman:
                  >>> It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR
                  FEC packets. I did
                  >>> think about doing it once, but never gor
                  round to it. Maybe now is the
                  >> time!
                  >>> When I have an
                  hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

                  >>> The
                  same could be done using V4.

                  >>> 73,
                  John

                  From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                  <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                  >> [mailto:

                  played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

                  >>> The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode,
                  but then I was thinking
                  >> what
                  >>> about using winmor in
                  stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc

                  and
                  >>> what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32
                  software to
                  >>> winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.
                  >>>
                  >>> la5vna S
                  >>>
                  >>> --- In
                  BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                  <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                  <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
                  >>> Wiseman"
                  <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                  Steinar.

> [...]
                  do - there may be a way!