Re: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

  • Steinar Aanesland
    Message 1 of 16 , May 2, 2013
      Hi John ,

      That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am looking forward to this
      option , if you got the time ;)

      LA5VNA Steinar
      loc:JO59jq

      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2013
        Ok,

        It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you particularly want to use aprsis32?

        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
        <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

        Steinar.

        >> No, but what is it you want to do - there may
        be a way!

        >> 73, John
        G8BPQ

        >> _____
        >>
        >> From:
        BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
        > [mailto:
        > Of

        radionorway
        >> Sent: 02 May 2013 19:50
        >> To:
        >> Subject: [BPQ32] BPQ32,
        WINMOR TNC and KISS

        Hi all,

        >> Is there a way to trick the WINMOR TNC into kiss
        mode using BPQ32?

        >> LA5VNA Steinar

      • Steinar Aanesland
        Message 3 of 16 , May 2, 2013
          Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
          intuitive than UI-View32

          LA5VNA Steinar
          loc:JO59jq

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 16 , May 2, 2013

            Try BPQAPRS…

            Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
            intuitive than UI-View32

            LA5VNA Steinar
            loc:JO59jq

            Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John Wiseman:

            > Ok,
            >
            > It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
            > particularly want to use aprsis32?

          • Steinar Aanesland
            Message 5 of 16 , May 2, 2013
              Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

              LA5VNA Steinar
              loc:JO59jq

            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                Ok… I see.. No ..

                Maybe john can add that in …

                I did not know UIView 32 could… I quit using UIVIEW in favor of BPQAPRS…

                73

                Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                LA5VNA Steinar
                loc:JO59jq

                Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                > Try BPQAPRS.

              • N9ACQ
                Message 7 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                  Steiner

                                  Programs must have either the BPQ, AGW , WINMOR or virtual com ;port that emulates a KAM/+. That may be the route you need to investigate. I use it for Paclink - BPQ – WINMOR.

                  73 Bill

                  N9ACQ

                  Message 8 of 16 , May 3, 2013
                    Not yet.

                    But it was designed to  - I just never got round to do doing it.

                    It would be pretty easy to add WINMOR FEC to BPQAPRS, it would take much more effort to write something that emulated a KISS TNC so it could be used by other APRS programs.

                    73, John

                    Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                    LA5VNA Steinar
                    loc:JO59jq

                    Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                    > Try
                    BPQAPRS.

                    To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                    > Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I
                    find it more clean and
                    > intuitive than UI-View32
                    >
                    > LA5VNA
                    Steinar
                    > loc:JO59jq
                    >
                    > Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John
                    Wiseman:
                    >> Ok,
                    >>
                    >> It would be a lot easier to
                    interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
                    >> particularly want to
                    use aprsis32?

                    >> John
                    >>
                    >> _____
                    >>
                    >> From:
                    > [mailto:
                    > Of

                    Steinar Aanesland
                    >> Sent: 02 May 2013 21:01
                    >> To:
                    >> Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re:
                    BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

                    ,

                    >> That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am
                    looking forward to this
                    >> option , if you got the time
                    ;)

                    >> LA5VNA Steinar

                    loc:JO59jq

                    >> Den 02.05.2013 21:35, skrev John
                    Wiseman:
                    >>> It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR
                    FEC packets. I did
                    >>> think about doing it once, but never gor
                    round to it. Maybe now is the
                    >> time!
                    >>> When I have an
                    hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

                    >>> The
                    same could be done using V4.

                    >>> 73,
                    John

                    From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                    <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                    >> [mailto:

                    played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

                    >>> The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode,
                    but then I was thinking
                    >> what
                    >>> about using winmor in
                    stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc

                    and
                    >>> what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32
                    software to
                    >>> winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.
                    >>>
                    >>> la5vna S
                    >>>
                    >>> --- In
                    BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                    <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                    <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
                    >>> Wiseman"
                    <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                    Steinar.

> [...]
                    do - there may be a way!