Re: BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

  • radionorway
    Message 1 of 16 , May 2, 2013
      Yes I know Bill and I am probably not explaining my self clear. I was hoping to use winmor tnc like I am using "soundmoden TNC" from UZ7HO, but since winmor tnc not have the KISS interface I was wondering if it was a possibility to use bpq32 as a sort of "middleware" talking kiss one way and "winmor tnc" the other. But I am probably far out as usual..

      la5vna S

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "N9ACQ" <n9acq@...> wrote:

      > Steiner
      >
      > KISS is a mode for the TNC, not a function of packet or the
      > frames sent. I currently run WINMOR from BPQ and connections are sent to my
      > RMS Packet via APPL parameter. If memory serves me right you cannot make
      > connections from VHF to HF or HF to VHF. Gating UI frames may be possible
      > using BPQ APRS function.
      >
      > 73 Bill
      >
      > N9ACQ

    • Steinar Aanesland
      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2013
        Hi John ,

        That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am looking forward to this
        option , if you got the time ;)

        LA5VNA Steinar
        loc:JO59jq

        Message 3 of 16 , May 2, 2013
          Ok,

          It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you particularly want to use aprsis32?

          href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
          <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

          Steinar.

          >> No, but what is it you want to do - there may
          be a way!

          >> 73, John
          G8BPQ

          >> _____
          >>
          >> From:
          BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
          > [mailto:
          > Of

          radionorway
          >> Sent: 02 May 2013 19:50
          >> To:
          >> Subject: [BPQ32] BPQ32,
          WINMOR TNC and KISS

          Hi all,

          >> Is there a way to trick the WINMOR TNC into kiss
          mode using BPQ32?

          >> LA5VNA Steinar

        • Steinar Aanesland
          Message 4 of 16 , May 2, 2013
            Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
            intuitive than UI-View32

            LA5VNA Steinar
            loc:JO59jq

          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 16 , May 2, 2013

              Try BPQAPRS…

              Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
              intuitive than UI-View32

              LA5VNA Steinar
              loc:JO59jq

              Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John Wiseman:

              > Ok,
              >
              > It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
              > particularly want to use aprsis32?

            • Steinar Aanesland
              Message 6 of 16 , May 2, 2013
                Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                LA5VNA Steinar
                loc:JO59jq

              • Jerry
                Message 7 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                  Ok… I see.. No ..

                  Maybe john can add that in …

                  I did not know UIView 32 could… I quit using UIVIEW in favor of BPQAPRS…

                  73

                  Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                  LA5VNA Steinar
                  loc:JO59jq

                  Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                  > Try BPQAPRS.

                • N9ACQ
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                    Steiner

                                    Programs must have either the BPQ, AGW , WINMOR or virtual com ;port that emulates a KAM/+. That may be the route you need to investigate. I use it for Paclink - BPQ – WINMOR.

                    73 Bill

                    N9ACQ

                    Message 9 of 16 , May 3, 2013
                      Not yet.

                      But it was designed to  - I just never got round to do doing it.

                      It would be pretty easy to add WINMOR FEC to BPQAPRS, it would take much more effort to write something that emulated a KISS TNC so it could be used by other APRS programs.

                      73, John

                      Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                      LA5VNA Steinar
                      loc:JO59jq

                      Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                      > Try
                      BPQAPRS.

                      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                      > Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I
                      find it more clean and
                      > intuitive than UI-View32
                      >
                      > LA5VNA
                      Steinar
                      > loc:JO59jq
                      >
                      > Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John
                      Wiseman:
                      >> Ok,
                      >>
                      >> It would be a lot easier to
                      interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
                      >> particularly want to
                      use aprsis32?

                      >> John
                      >>
                      >> _____
                      >>
                      >> From:
                      > [mailto:
                      > Of

                      Steinar Aanesland
                      >> Sent: 02 May 2013 21:01
                      >> To:
                      >> Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re:
                      BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

                      ,

                      >> That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am
                      looking forward to this
                      >> option , if you got the time
                      ;)

                      >> LA5VNA Steinar

                      loc:JO59jq

                      >> Den 02.05.2013 21:35, skrev John
                      Wiseman:
                      >>> It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR
                      FEC packets. I did
                      >>> think about doing it once, but never gor
                      round to it. Maybe now is the
                      >> time!
                      >>> When I have an
                      hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

                      >>> The
                      same could be done using V4.

                      >>> 73,
                      John

                      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                      <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                      >> [mailto:

                      played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

                      >>> The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode,
                      but then I was thinking
                      >> what
                      >>> about using winmor in
                      stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc

                      and
                      >>> what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32
                      software to
                      >>> winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.
                      >>>
                      >>> la5vna S
                      >>>
                      >>> --- In
                      BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                      <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                      <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
                      >>> Wiseman"
                      <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                      Steinar.

> [...]
                      do - there may be a way!