RE: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

    Message 1 of 16 , May 2 12:35 PM
      It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR FEC packets. I did think about doing it once, but never gor round to it. Maybe now is the time! When I have an hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

      The same could be done using V4.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 16 , May 2 12:54 PM
        Yes I know Bill and I am probably not explaining my self clear. I was hoping to use winmor tnc like I am using "soundmoden TNC" from UZ7HO, but since winmor tnc not have the KISS interface I was wondering if it was a possibility to use bpq32 as a sort of "middleware" talking kiss one way and "winmor tnc" the other. But I am probably far out as usual..

        la5vna S

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "N9ACQ" <n9acq@...> wrote:

        > Steiner
        >
        > KISS is a mode for the TNC, not a function of packet or the
        > frames sent. I currently run WINMOR from BPQ and connections are sent to my
        > RMS Packet via APPL parameter. If memory serves me right you cannot make
        > connections from VHF to HF or HF to VHF. Gating UI frames may be possible
        > using BPQ APRS function.
        >
        > 73 Bill
        >
        > N9ACQ

      • Steinar Aanesland
        Message 3 of 16 , May 2 1:00 PM
          Hi John ,

          That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am looking forward to this
          option , if you got the time ;)

          LA5VNA Steinar
          loc:JO59jq

          Message 4 of 16 , May 2 1:09 PM
            Ok,

            It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you particularly want to use aprsis32?

            href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
            <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

            Steinar.

            >> No, but what is it you want to do - there may
            be a way!

            >> 73, John
            G8BPQ

            >> _____
            >>
            >> From:
            BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
            > [mailto:
            > Of

            radionorway
            >> Sent: 02 May 2013 19:50
            >> To:
            >> Subject: [BPQ32] BPQ32,
            WINMOR TNC and KISS

            Hi all,

            >> Is there a way to trick the WINMOR TNC into kiss
            mode using BPQ32?

            >> LA5VNA Steinar

          • Steinar Aanesland
            Message 5 of 16 , May 2 1:14 PM
              Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
              intuitive than UI-View32

              LA5VNA Steinar
              loc:JO59jq

            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 16 , May 2 2:58 PM

                Try BPQAPRS…

                Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
                intuitive than UI-View32

                LA5VNA Steinar
                loc:JO59jq

                Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John Wiseman:

                > Ok,
                >
                > It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
                > particularly want to use aprsis32?

              • Steinar Aanesland
                Message 7 of 16 , May 2 3:04 PM
                  Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                  LA5VNA Steinar
                  loc:JO59jq

                • Jerry
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 2 3:19 PM

                    Ok… I see.. No ..

                    Maybe john can add that in …

                    I did not know UIView 32 could… I quit using UIVIEW in favor of BPQAPRS…

                    73

                    Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                    LA5VNA Steinar
                    loc:JO59jq

                    Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                    > Try BPQAPRS.

                  • N9ACQ
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 2 3:44 PM

                      Steiner

                                      Programs must have either the BPQ, AGW , WINMOR or virtual com ;port that emulates a KAM/+. That may be the route you need to investigate. I use it for Paclink - BPQ – WINMOR.

                      73 Bill

                      N9ACQ

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 3 1:02 AM
                        Not yet.

                        But it was designed to  - I just never got round to do doing it.

                        It would be pretty easy to add WINMOR FEC to BPQAPRS, it would take much more effort to write something that emulated a KISS TNC so it could be used by other APRS programs.

                        73, John

                        Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                        LA5VNA Steinar
                        loc:JO59jq

                        Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                        > Try
                        BPQAPRS.

                        To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                        > Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I
                        find it more clean and
                        > intuitive than UI-View32
                        >
                        > LA5VNA
                        Steinar
                        > loc:JO59jq
                        >
                        > Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John
                        Wiseman:
                        >> Ok,
                        >>
                        >> It would be a lot easier to
                        interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
                        >> particularly want to
                        use aprsis32?

                        >> John
                        >>
                        >> _____
                        >>
                        >> From:
                        > [mailto:
                        > Of

                        Steinar Aanesland
                        >> Sent: 02 May 2013 21:01
                        >> To:
                        >> Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re:
                        BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

                        ,

                        >> That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am
                        looking forward to this
                        >> option , if you got the time
                        ;)

                        >> LA5VNA Steinar

                        loc:JO59jq

                        >> Den 02.05.2013 21:35, skrev John
                        Wiseman:
                        >>> It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR
                        FEC packets. I did
                        >>> think about doing it once, but never gor
                        round to it. Maybe now is the
                        >> time!
                        >>> When I have an
                        hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

                        >>> The
                        same could be done using V4.

                        >>> 73,
                        John

                        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                        <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                        >> [mailto:

                        played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

                        >>> The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode,
                        but then I was thinking
                        >> what
                        >>> about using winmor in
                        stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc

                        and
                        >>> what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32
                        software to
                        >>> winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.
                        >>>
                        >>> la5vna S
                        >>>
                        >>> --- In
                        BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                        <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                        <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
                        >>> Wiseman"
                        <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                        Steinar.

> [...]
                        do - there may be a way!