RE: [BPQ32] Re: BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

    Message 1 of 16 , May 2, 2013
      It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR FEC packets. I did think about doing it once, but never gor round to it. Maybe now is the time! When I have an hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

      The same could be done using V4.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2013

        Steiner

                        KISS is a mode for the TNC, not a function of packet or the frames sent. I currently run WINMOR from BPQ and connections are sent to my RMS Packet via APPL parameter. If memory serves me right you cannot make connections from VHF to HF or HF to VHF. Gating UI frames may be possible using BPQ APRS function.

        73 Bill

        N9ACQ

      • radionorway
        Message 3 of 16 , May 2, 2013
          Yes I know Bill and I am probably not explaining my self clear. I was hoping to use winmor tnc like I am using "soundmoden TNC" from UZ7HO, but since winmor tnc not have the KISS interface I was wondering if it was a possibility to use bpq32 as a sort of "middleware" talking kiss one way and "winmor tnc" the other. But I am probably far out as usual..

          la5vna S

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "N9ACQ" <n9acq@...> wrote:

          > Steiner
          >
          > KISS is a mode for the TNC, not a function of packet or the
          > frames sent. I currently run WINMOR from BPQ and connections are sent to my
          > RMS Packet via APPL parameter. If memory serves me right you cannot make
          > connections from VHF to HF or HF to VHF. Gating UI frames may be possible
          > using BPQ APRS function.
          >
          > 73 Bill
          >
          > N9ACQ

        • Steinar Aanesland
          Message 4 of 16 , May 2, 2013
            Hi John ,

            That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am looking forward to this
            option , if you got the time ;)

            LA5VNA Steinar
            loc:JO59jq

            Message 5 of 16 , May 2, 2013
              Ok,

              It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you particularly want to use aprsis32?

              href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
              <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

              Steinar.

              >> No, but what is it you want to do - there may
              be a way!

              >> 73, John
              G8BPQ

              >> _____
              >>
              >> From:
              BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
              > [mailto:
              > Of

              radionorway
              >> Sent: 02 May 2013 19:50
              >> To:
              >> Subject: [BPQ32] BPQ32,
              WINMOR TNC and KISS

              Hi all,

              >> Is there a way to trick the WINMOR TNC into kiss
              mode using BPQ32?

              >> LA5VNA Steinar

            • Steinar Aanesland
              Message 6 of 16 , May 2, 2013
                Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
                intuitive than UI-View32

                LA5VNA Steinar
                loc:JO59jq

              • Jerry
                Message 7 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                  Try BPQAPRS…

                  Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
                  intuitive than UI-View32

                  LA5VNA Steinar
                  loc:JO59jq

                  Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John Wiseman:

                  > Ok,
                  >
                  > It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
                  > particularly want to use aprsis32?

                • Steinar Aanesland
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 2, 2013
                    Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                    LA5VNA Steinar
                    loc:JO59jq

                  • Jerry
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                      Ok… I see.. No ..

                      Maybe john can add that in …

                      I did not know UIView 32 could… I quit using UIVIEW in favor of BPQAPRS…

                      73

                      Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                      LA5VNA Steinar
                      loc:JO59jq

                      Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                      > Try BPQAPRS.

                    • N9ACQ
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                        Steiner

                                        Programs must have either the BPQ, AGW , WINMOR or virtual com ;port that emulates a KAM/+. That may be the route you need to investigate. I use it for Paclink - BPQ – WINMOR.

                        73 Bill

                        N9ACQ

                        Message 11 of 16 , May 3, 2013
                          Not yet.

                          But it was designed to  - I just never got round to do doing it.

                          It would be pretty easy to add WINMOR FEC to BPQAPRS, it would take much more effort to write something that emulated a KISS TNC so it could be used by other APRS programs.

                          73, John

                          Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                          LA5VNA Steinar
                          loc:JO59jq

                          Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                          > Try
                          BPQAPRS.

                          To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                          > Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I
                          find it more clean and
                          > intuitive than UI-View32
                          >
                          > LA5VNA
                          Steinar
                          > loc:JO59jq
                          >
                          > Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John
                          Wiseman:
                          >> Ok,
                          >>
                          >> It would be a lot easier to
                          interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
                          >> particularly want to
                          use aprsis32?

                          >> John
                          >>
                          >> _____
                          >>
                          >> From:
                          > [mailto:
                          > Of

                          Steinar Aanesland
                          >> Sent: 02 May 2013 21:01
                          >> To:
                          >> Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re:
                          BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

                          ,

                          >> That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am
                          looking forward to this
                          >> option , if you got the time
                          ;)

                          >> LA5VNA Steinar

                          loc:JO59jq

                          >> Den 02.05.2013 21:35, skrev John
                          Wiseman:
                          >>> It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR
                          FEC packets. I did
                          >>> think about doing it once, but never gor
                          round to it. Maybe now is the
                          >> time!
                          >>> When I have an
                          hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

                          >>> The
                          same could be done using V4.

                          >>> 73,
                          John

                          From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                          <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                          >> [mailto:

                          played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

                          >>> The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode,
                          but then I was thinking
                          >> what
                          >>> about using winmor in
                          stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc

                          and
                          >>> what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32
                          software to
                          >>> winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.
                          >>>
                          >>> la5vna S
                          >>>
                          >>> --- In
                          BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                          <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                          <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
                          >>> Wiseman"
                          <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                          Steinar.

> [...]
                          G8BPQ