BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

  • radionorway
    Message 1 of 16 , May 2, 2013
      Hi all,

      Is there a way to trick the WINMOR TNC into kiss mode using BPQ32?

      LA5VNA Steinar
      Message 2 of 16 , May 2, 2013
        Steinar.

        No, but what is it you want to do - there may be a way!

        73, John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 16 , May 2, 2013
          First , thanks for the quick reply :)

          I've played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

          The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode, but then I was thinking what about using winmor in stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc and what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32 software to winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.

          la5vna S

          > Steinar.
          >
          > No, but what is it you want to do - there may be a way!
          >
          > 73, John G8BPQ
          >

          > _____

        • N9ACQ
          Message 4 of 16 , May 2, 2013

            Steiner

                            Why KISS mode?

            73 Bill

            N9ACQ

          • radionorway
            Message 5 of 16 , May 2, 2013
              Well, that is the only way I know I am able to connect to a software like APRSIS32 or UI-View, but I may be wrong

              la5vna S

              Message 6 of 16 , May 2, 2013
                It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR FEC packets. I did think about doing it once, but never gor round to it. Maybe now is the time! When I have an hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

                The same could be done using V4.

                73, John

                I've played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

                The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode, but then I was thinking what about using winmor in stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc and what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32 software to winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.

                la5vna S

                > Steinar.
                >
                > No,
                but what is it you want to do - there may be a way!

                > 73, John
                G8BPQ

                > _____

              • N9ACQ
                Message 7 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                  Steiner

                                  KISS is a mode for the TNC, not a function of packet or the frames sent. I currently run WINMOR from BPQ and connections are sent to my RMS Packet via APPL parameter. If memory serves me right you cannot make connections from VHF to HF or HF to VHF. Gating UI frames may be possible using BPQ APRS function.

                  73 Bill

                  N9ACQ

                • radionorway
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 2, 2013
                    Yes I know Bill and I am probably not explaining my self clear. I was hoping to use winmor tnc like I am using "soundmoden TNC" from UZ7HO, but since winmor tnc not have the KISS interface I was wondering if it was a possibility to use bpq32 as a sort of "middleware" talking kiss one way and "winmor tnc" the other. But I am probably far out as usual..

                    la5vna S

                    --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "N9ACQ" <n9acq@...> wrote:

                    > Steiner
                    >
                    > KISS is a mode for the TNC, not a function of packet or the
                    > frames sent. I currently run WINMOR from BPQ and connections are sent to my
                    > RMS Packet via APPL parameter. If memory serves me right you cannot make
                    > connections from VHF to HF or HF to VHF. Gating UI frames may be possible
                    > using BPQ APRS function.
                    >
                    > 73 Bill
                    >
                    > N9ACQ

                  • Steinar Aanesland
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 2, 2013
                      Hi John ,

                      That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am looking forward to this
                      option , if you got the time ;)

                      LA5VNA Steinar
                      loc:JO59jq

                      Message 10 of 16 , May 2, 2013
                        Ok,

                        It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you particularly want to use aprsis32?

                        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
                        <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                        Steinar.

                        >> No, but what is it you want to do - there may
                        be a way!

                        >> 73, John
                        G8BPQ

                        >> _____
                        >>
                        >> From:
                        BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                        > [mailto:
                        > Of

                        radionorway
                        >> Sent: 02 May 2013 19:50
                        >> To:
                        >> Subject: [BPQ32] BPQ32,
                        WINMOR TNC and KISS

                        Hi all,

                        >> Is there a way to trick the WINMOR TNC into kiss
                        mode using BPQ32?

                        >> LA5VNA Steinar

                      • Steinar Aanesland
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 2, 2013
                          Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
                          intuitive than UI-View32

                          LA5VNA Steinar
                          loc:JO59jq

                        • Jerry
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                            Try BPQAPRS…

                            Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I find it more clean and
                            intuitive than UI-View32

                            LA5VNA Steinar
                            loc:JO59jq

                            Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John Wiseman:

                            > Ok,
                            >
                            > It would be a lot easier to interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
                            > particularly want to use aprsis32?

                          • Steinar Aanesland
                            Message 13 of 16 , May 2, 2013
                              Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                              LA5VNA Steinar
                              loc:JO59jq

                            • Jerry
                              Message 14 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                                Ok… I see.. No ..

                                Maybe john can add that in …

                                I did not know UIView 32 could… I quit using UIVIEW in favor of BPQAPRS…

                                73

                                Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                                LA5VNA Steinar
                                loc:JO59jq

                                Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                                > Try BPQAPRS.

                              • N9ACQ
                                Message 15 of 16 , May 2, 2013

                                  Steiner

                                                  Programs must have either the BPQ, AGW , WINMOR or virtual com ;port that emulates a KAM/+. That may be the route you need to investigate. I use it for Paclink - BPQ – WINMOR.

                                  73 Bill

                                  N9ACQ

                                  Message 16 of 16 , May 3, 2013
                                    Not yet.

                                    But it was designed to  - I just never got round to do doing it.

                                    It would be pretty easy to add WINMOR FEC to BPQAPRS, it would take much more effort to write something that emulated a KISS TNC so it could be used by other APRS programs.

                                    73, John

                                    Yes, but is able to run APPS through WINMOR FEC mode?

                                    LA5VNA Steinar
                                    loc:JO59jq

                                    Den 02.05.2013 23:58, skrev Jerry:

                                    > Try
                                    BPQAPRS.

                                    To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                                    > Well, aprsis32 is the APRS software I am using. I
                                    find it more clean and
                                    > intuitive than UI-View32
                                    >
                                    > LA5VNA
                                    Steinar
                                    > loc:JO59jq
                                    >
                                    > Den 02.05.2013 22:09, skrev John
                                    Wiseman:
                                    >> Ok,
                                    >>
                                    >> It would be a lot easier to
                                    interface to the BPQ32 APRS software, Do you
                                    >> particularly want to
                                    use aprsis32?

                                    >> John
                                    >>
                                    >> _____
                                    >>
                                    >> From:
                                    > [mailto:
                                    > Of

                                    Steinar Aanesland
                                    >> Sent: 02 May 2013 21:01
                                    >> To:
                                    >> Subject: Re: [BPQ32] Re:
                                    BPQ32, WINMOR TNC and KISS

                                    ,

                                    >> That is exactly what I am thinking about :) I am
                                    looking forward to this
                                    >> option , if you got the time
                                    ;)

                                    >> LA5VNA Steinar

                                    loc:JO59jq

                                    >> Den 02.05.2013 21:35, skrev John
                                    Wiseman:
                                    >>> It would be possible to send APRS messages as WINMOR
                                    FEC packets. I did
                                    >>> think about doing it once, but never gor
                                    round to it. Maybe now is the
                                    >> time!
                                    >>> When I have an
                                    hour or two to spare I'll have a look at it.

                                    >>> The
                                    same could be done using V4.

                                    >>> 73,
                                    John

                                    From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                                    <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                                    >> [mailto:

                                    played a lot with APRS on HF lately with great fun.

                                    >>> The challenge on HF is the 300baud packet mode,
                                    but then I was thinking
                                    >> what
                                    >>> about using winmor in
                                    stead? I know that BPQ32 work with the winmor tnc

                                    and
                                    >>> what I would like was a possibility to connect my aprsis32
                                    software to
                                    >>> winmor tnc using bpq32 as a sort of gateway.
                                    >>>
                                    >>> la5vna S
                                    >>>
                                    >>> --- In
                                    BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                                    <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>

                                    <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "John
                                    >>> Wiseman"
                                    <john.wiseman@...> wrote:

                                    Steinar.

> [...]
                                    G8BPQ