RE: [BPQ32] Thanks to All

    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2013
      You need something like

      APPLICATION 2,BBS,,W4JPA-8    (assuming your RMS is APPLICATION 1)

      73, John

      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2013
      • 1 Attachment
      • 5 KB
      Here is the configure John sent to me and should help you too.

      Nothing technical (Yet) but I wanted to avoid the appearance of being a 'lurker' and say thanks for everyone's efforts in creating, maintaining and using a useful tool. For a few years I've been on a 'Ham Sabbatical' and am getting off my duff to re-engage.

      Now, to work configuring

      Phill WB4FCC

    • Robert F Jarvis
      Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2013

        Clayton

        I had look inside bpq32.cfg and saw the original RMS application line and tried to emulate it with a new line;

        APPLICATION 2,BBS,C 2 BBS,W4JPA-8

        Well – It didn’t blow anything up! But going into the system with internet browser I could only see;

        BPQ32 Node W4JPA-10

        Routes/Nodes/Ports/Links/Users/Stats/Terminal/Driver Windows/Stream Status

        Can you do me a favour and peek in you bpq32.cfg and tell me what your APPLICATION line for the BBS is?

        73

        BobJ

        W4JPA/G4JPA

        Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2013

          My last email should have read that I added;

          APPLICATION 2,LINMAIL,C 2 BBS,W4JPA-8

          Nb the LINMAIL! But as I said no mail config

          Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2013
            Is is worth reading the docs!

            The RMS line uses an application alias to connect via the telnet port - the C n CMS bit. The BBS line connects to an application on the same node, so the 4th field is left bank.

            73, John

            Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2013

              Ok – That is what I was skuling for. Thanks

              Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2013
                Amen John.  BUT that takes out all the fun!  HI.  You know you are supposed to open the box,
                throw out the directions and just wing it.  Then when you can't figure it out, start asking others
                for help.   Directions?  HI..

                73 and THANKS!
                Clayton