RE: [BPQ32] Thanks to All

    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2013
      YOu need somethink like

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Robert F Jarvis
      Sent: 01 May 2013 19:14
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Thanks to All

      Thanks Clayton – I don’t know how John keeps up with all this stuff!

      When he says “ Add an APPLICATION line to bpq32.cfg “ I’m assuming that’s the LINMAIL entry right!

      And when you say “add the call to bpq32.cfg”, my RMS Call W4JPA-10 is already in there of course.  Are you saying  it is possible to also use say W4JPA-8 (for the BBS) and if so/how/where?

      I’m not really bothered if users access W4JPA-10 and then choose RMS or BSS – that’s fine (maybe easier for them ) or if they could/should use W4JPA-10 for RMS and W4JPA-8 for BBS. Whatever is easier!

      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2013
        You need something like

        APPLICATION 2,BBS,,W4JPA-8    (assuming your RMS is APPLICATION 1)

        73, John

        Nothing technical (Yet) but I wanted to avoid the appearance of being a 'lurker' and say thanks for everyone's efforts in creating, maintaining and using a useful tool. For a few years I've been on a 'Ham Sabbatical' and am getting off my duff to re -engage.

        Now, to work configuring

        Phill WB4FCC

      • Clayton Brantley
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2013
        • 1 Attachment
        • 5 KB
        Here is the configure John sent to me and should help you too.

        Nothing technical (Yet) but I wanted to avoid the appearance of being a 'lurker' and say thanks for everyone's efforts in creating, maintaining and using a useful tool. For a few years I've been on a 'Ham Sabbatical' and am getting off my duff to re-engage.

        Now, to work configuring

        Phill WB4FCC

      • Robert F Jarvis
        Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2013

          Clayton

          I had look inside bpq32.cfg and saw the original RMS application line and tried to emulate it with a new line;

          APPLICATION 2,BBS,C 2 BBS,W4JPA-8

          Well – It didn’t blow anything up! But going into the system with internet browser I could only see;

          BPQ32 Node W4JPA-10

          Routes/Nodes/Ports/Links/Users/Stats/Terminal/Driver Windows/Stream Status

          Can you do me a favour and peek in you bpq32.cfg and tell me what your APPLICATION line for the BBS is?

          73

          BobJ

          W4JPA/G4JPA

          Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2013

            My last email should have read that I added;

            APPLICATION 2,LINMAIL,C 2 BBS,W4JPA-8

            Nb the LINMAIL! But as I said no mail config

            Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2013
              Is is worth reading the docs!

              The RMS line uses an application alias to connect via the telnet port - the C n CMS bit. The BBS line connects to an application on the same node, so the 4th field is left bank.

              73, John

              Message 7 of 10 , May 1, 2013

                Ok – That is what I was skuling for. Thanks

                Message 8 of 10 , May 1, 2013
                  Amen John.  BUT that takes out all the fun!  HI.  You know you are supposed to open the box,
                  throw out the directions and just wing it.  Then when you can't figure it out, start asking others
                  for help.   Directions?  HI..

                  73 and THANKS!
                  Clayton