RE: [BPQ32] Integrated BBS?

    Message 1 of 7 , May 1 10:54 AM
      Bob,

      The BBS is included - to activate it, either add the line

      LINMAIL

      to bpq32.cfg, or run linbpq with a parameter of mail. - id ./linbpq mail

      The are two steps to configuration. Add an APPLICATION line to bpq32.cfg - this will allow users to connect ro the bbs. Then configure the BBS using the web management interface. If you are running a gui on the pi, point the browser to 127.0.0.1:8080 (or whatever you've set HTTPPORT to. Then you wont need a password. If you are accessing it remotely (eg with ssh), enter the machines ip address:8080. You will have to sign in (using the user/password from the Telnet Server config) to access the main config pages.

      Once the BBS is configured, you have to restart LinBPQ to pick up the change.

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1 10:57 AM

        Thanks John. Hated to bother you with all you’ve got going on but I trolled all over the place for this stuff.

        73

        BobJ

        W4JPA/G4JPA

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1 12:50 PM

          In bpq config add the line>

          Linbpq mail

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1 12:52 PM

            Whoops

            Linmail

            73

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1 1:23 PM

              Ahha – that’s looks more like the stuff John sent. Though there are other things in there as well! The APPLICATION line for example. I’ve been a pain in the butt here – asking too many questions. I really did try to find some documentation. And there is all that “Stuff” in the Mail setup screens.  I’m taking a sabbatical from this group for while to read through everything I can find. The way I look at it is I aint the dumbest person on this earth and if I can’t hack it then screw it – I’ll use something else.

              73

              BobJ

              W4JPA/G4JPA