Re: [BPQ32] Integrated BBS?

  • Clayton Brantley
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2013

      Bob:  You have to set the call in the BPQ32.cfg file and then open an internet browser and a string
      like 199.200.1.100:8080 , where the IP address is the address of your Pi.  Find that by typeing
      "ifconfig" then look for the eth0 address.  Use that with the :8080 appended.  In the mail setup,
      you will find a screen to enter info there.

      Just went thru all that this week and John was a big help!

      73 and god luck
      Clayton N4EV

      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2013
        Bob,

        The BBS is included - to activate it, either add the line

        LINMAIL

        to bpq32.cfg, or run linbpq with a parameter of mail. - id ./linbpq mail

        The are two steps to configuration. Add an APPLICATION line to bpq32.cfg - this will allow users to connect ro the bbs. Then configure the BBS using the web management interface. If you are running a gui on the pi, point the browser to 127.0.0.1:8080 (or whatever you've set HTTPPORT to. Then you wont need a password. If you are accessing it remotely (eg with ssh), enter the machines ip address:8080. You will have to sign in (using the user/password from the Telnet Server config) to access the main config pages.

        Once the BBS is configured, you have to restart LinBPQ to pick up the change.

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2013

          Thanks John. Hated to bother you with all you’ve got going on but I trolled all over the place for this stuff.

          73

          BobJ

          W4JPA/G4JPA

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2013

            In bpq config add the line>

            Linbpq mail

            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2013

              Whoops

              Linmail

              73

              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2013

                Ahha – that’s looks more like the stuff John sent. Though there are other things in there as well! The APPLICATION line for example. I’ve been a pain in the butt here – asking too many questions. I really did try to find some documentation. And there is all that “Stuff” in the Mail setup screens.  I’m taking a sabbatical from this group for while to read through everything I can find. The way I look at it is I aint the dumbest person on this earth and if I can’t hack it then screw it – I’ll use something else.

                73

                BobJ

                W4JPA/G4JPA