RE: [BPQ32] Re: Need some help with SCS INI file

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
      Chuck,

      If i understand what you are doing correctly, you need to specify the scanning info (RIGCONTROL) on your pactor port. If you are scanning lots of frequencies, I suggest you use the "new format" for RIGCONTROL documented in

      Although the old way of specifying all the frequencies on one line still works, for large lists it is not very clear.

      RICGONTROL works with DIAL frequencies - as it doesn't know what your tones are, it can't work in centre freq.

      BPQ Mail can forward on both the zip code and the NTSXX and doesn't have any limit on the number of entries, so I don't see why you should need to use FBB or MSYS

      73, John

      Message 2 of 9 , May 1 9:29 AM
        Tnxs John,

        I have allot to wrap my head around, will let you know how
        thing progress and I'm sure I'll have some more questions
        down the road.

        73 Chuck W5KAV

        > Chuck,
        >
        > If i understand what you are doing correctly, you need to specify the
        > scanning info (RIGCONTROL) on your pactor port. If you are scanning lots of
        > frequencies, I suggest you use the "new format" for RIGCONTROL documented in
        >

        > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/RigControl.htm
        >
        > Although the old way of specifying all the frequencies on one line still
        > works, for large lists it is not very clear.
        >
        > RICGONTROL works with DIAL frequencies - as it doesn't know what your tones
        > are, it can't work in centre freq.
        >
        > BPQ Mail can forward on both the zip code and the NTSXX and doesn't have any
        > limit on the number of entries, so I don't see why you should need to use
        > FBB or MSYS
        >
        > 73, John
        >

        > _____

      • W6IDS
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1 2:57 PM
          John, just to clarify, you’re saying the RigControl statement
          such as found in the documentation examples will work if
          placed in the Pactor Port segment of the BPQ32.cfg?

          It in fact works?   Hmmm. . . .I read it as being applicable to
          Winmor use.  I did try it with RIGCONTROL residing in the
          Pactor Port but had no success.  I’ve read/heard elsewhere
          where the scanning would not work with the ICOM.  My own
          attempts did not work, so It seemed true that the scanning
          activity would be controlled by Winmor per se.

          Howard W6IDS
          Richmond, IN EM79NV

          Message 4 of 9 , May 1 3:07 PM
            Howard,

            You can use RIGCONTROL with any of the HF Comms Modes - WINMOR, all the Pactor Drivers, SCSTracker, UZ7HO and MultiPSK.

            If you are using more than one mode on the same radio (eg WINMOR and Pactor) you should only place the RIGCONTROL statement in one of them, and use the INTERLOCK statement to group those ports together, so that a connection on any of them will stop the scan.