Re: BPQ32 1st Attempt LinBPQ

  • w4jpa
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30 11:54 AM
      Yes - a Little Beta testing always brings out something!
      Any ideas about the "Invalid gateway login - Gateway does not have a
      password" I've tried with and without the W2LK password to no avail.
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30 12:36 PM
        I assume that is from the CMS Gateway.

        You either need both CMSCALL and CMSPASS, with a valid WL2K password and to be defined as a gateway in the WL2K system,  or you need to omit both. It will then fallback to the old method of working. But be warned that at some time in the not too distant future WL2K will require the secure form of login.

        73, John

        Yes - a Little Beta testing always brings out something!
        Any ideas about the "Invalid gateway login - Gateway does not have a
        password" I've tried with and without the W2LK password to no avail.
        73

      • Robert F Jarvis
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30 12:50 PM

          Right!

          I know they have been going back and forward here. Steve told me a week or two ago to use (only) the WL2K password he gave me and which WORK FINE on the RMS Gate I’m presently running here. As your answer points to the Gateway, I guess that is the where I need to look. Can’t think what to look for yet - but!!

          Maybe some other folks here have an idea on this. Can’t think I’m the only one to have ever seen it.

          73

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30 1:02 PM

            Head scratching over your last, so both CAMSCALL and CMSPASS were commented out and VOILA!

            Kinda odd compared to my current RMS system but I can now move on to hooking it the radio part.

            Might include a note/warning around this point in the instructions if it looks like things are going to change again John.

            73