Need some help with SCS INI file

  • w5kav
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 29, 2013
      I am working on changing over my digital system from Winlink Classic
      to BPQ32, I have the Winmore, Winlink200 RMS links working now
      with great help from Jay WS7I. I now would like to add my SCS
      PTC-IIex and my ICOM IC-746pro to the program so I can scan
      a number of frequencies thus I would ask if someone 1st had a
      INI file I could look at and 2nd a INI with a working scanner
      using mulitple frequencies and email it to me at Chuckw5kav@... so I could see how to configure mine.

      TNXS in advanced

      73 Chuck W5KAV

      Just for info my SCS is on Port 1, radio is Port 3, VHF is port 4
      but in my INI file states port 3 which is not working since
      the Kantronics Kam Plus is on port 4.

      here is my INI file

      ; CONFIGURATION FILE FOR BPQ32
      ; W5KAV-9 GATE 3/27/2013
      ;
      LOCATOR=CN96KT
      NODECALL=W5KAV-9
      NODEALIAS=PACHUB
      IDMSG:
      !W5KAV-9 PACHUB
      *** ; Denotes end of IDMSG text
      ;UNPROTO=ID
      INFOMSG:
      W5KAV PACHUB
      PACHUB:W5KAV-9} RMS BBS CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD
      ***
      CTEXT:
      W5KAV Gateway
      PACHUB:W5KAV-9} RMS BBS CONNECT BYE INFO NODES ROUTES PORTS USERS MHEARD
      ***
      FULL_CTEXT=0
      OBSINIT=6
      OBSMIN=4
      NODESINTERVAL=15
      IDINTERVAL=60
      BTINTERVAL=0
      L3TIMETOLIVE=25
      L4RETRIES=5
      L4TIMEOUT=120
      L4DELAY=10
      L4WINDOW=4
      MAXLINKS=16
      MAXNODES=32
      MAXROUTES=16
      MAXCIRCUITS=128
      MINQUAL=100
      BUFFERS=255
      PACLEN=230
      TRANSDELAY=1
      T3=600
      IDLETIME=600
      BBS=1
      NODE=1
      HIDENODES=1
      ENABLE_LINKED=N

      ; Ports
      ;
      PORT
      ID=WAN
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
      QUALITY=1
      MAXFRAME=7
      FRACK=3000
      RESPTIME=500
      RETRIES=5
      PACLEN=230
      BCALL=W5KAV-10
      MHEARD=Y
      CONFIG
      MHEARD
      UDP 10093
      ;DONTCHECKSOURCECALL
      AUTOADDMAP
      BROADCAST NODES
      ;BROADCAST QST
      MAP WS7I-9 ws7i.ewarg.org UDP 10093 B
      MAP K7EK-8 k7ek.no-ip.org UDP 10093 B
      ENDPORT

      PORT
      ID=LAN
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      DLLNAME=Telnet.DLL
      CONFIG
      LOGGING=1
      MHEARD=N
      DisconnectOnClose=0
      TCPPORT=8010
      FBBPORT=8011
      CMS=1
      LOGINPROMPT=user:
      PASSWORDPROMPT=password:
      MAXSESSIONS=10
      LOCALECHO=YES
      CTEXT=Welcome to W5KAV's Node\nEnter ? for list of commands\n\n
      user=w5kav,w5kav,w5kav-3
      ENDPORT

      PORT
      PORTNUM=3 ; KAM VHF PORT ON COMPORT 3
      ID=145.050
      TYPE=ASYNC
      PROTOCOL=KISS
      IOADDR=3 ;this is port number
      QUALITY=70
      SPEED=9600
      CHANNEL=A
      MAXFRAME=2
      TXDELAY=250
      SLOTTIME=100
      PERSIST=64
      FULLDUP=0
      FRACK=5000
      RESPTIME=1000
      RETRIES=10
      PACLEN=230
      NOKEEPALIVES=1
      MHEARD=Y
      WL2KREPORT PUBLIC,www.winlink.org,8778,W5KAV-10,CN86KT,00-23,145050000,PKT1200,30,20,5,300
      ENDPORT

      PORT
      ID=WINMOR HF
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      PROTOCOL=WINMOR
      DLLNAME=WINMOR.dll
      PORTCALL=W5KAV
      QUALITY=0
      ;INTERLOCK=4
      CONFIG
      ADDR 127.0.0.1 8500 PTT RTS PATH C:\bpq32\winmor\WINMOR TNC.exe
      ;RIGCONTROL COM2 9600 ICOM IC746
      CWID False
      DEBUGLOG True
      LOG True
      BW 1600
      DRIVELEVEL 70
      MODE AUTO
      ROBUST False
      SHOW True
      busylock False
      ENDPORT

      /*
      PORT
      ID=Pactor Link
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      IOADDR=1; COM Port Address (Note this is in hex, so for COM20 enter 14
      SPEED=9600; COM Port Speed
      DLLNAME=SCSPactor.DLL
      INTERLOCK=n; ; Optional - set if you have two ports sharing the same radio.
      ; Set the same Interlock value on both ports.

      CONFIG ; Driver-Specific Configuration

      APPL RMS ; Autoconnect to BPQ32 RMS Application
      RIGCONTROL COM2 9600 ICOM IC746 70 4 14.103/U1W 14.112/U1 18.1/U1N 10.12/L1

      PSKA 170 ; PSK TX Output level.
      FSKA 130 ; TX Level for FSK modes.

      # If you wish to use any packet ports, you will need to set suitable ax.25 param, for example:

      PACKETCHANNELS 10 ; Enable Packet Ports

      PAC TXD 1:250
      PAC TXD 2:200

      ENDPORT
      */

      ;
      ROUTES: ; Locked routes
      ;
      ; CALLSIGN,QUALITY,PORT[,MAXFRAME,FRACK,PACLEN]
      ; The values in [...] if stated override the port defaults.
      ;

      K7EK-8,100,1
      WS7I-9,220,1

      *** ; Denotes end of locked routes
      ;
      ; Applications supported:
      ;
      ; The first three are reserved for BBS, HOST and REMOTE SYSOP.
      ; Five additional applications, up to 12 bytes each, can be
      ; defined as you wish. Applications beginning with a * are not
      ; shown in the valid commands display.
      ;
      APPLICATIONS=RMS,BBS ;

      APPLICATION 1,RMS,C 2 CMS,W5KAV-10,PACRMS,240
      APPLICATION 2,BBS,,W5KAV,PACBBS,240
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
        Chuck,

        The config you have there looks about it. You need to change the RIGCONTOL line to COM3 if the radio is on that port, and SCS modems are often set to 38400, not 96600.

        Also remove the last 3 lines if you dont have packet ports on the PTC

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
          Tnxs John

          I have a number of questions but I will address them a few at a time
          LOL

          1st of all i'd like to thank Howard W6IDS, Jay WS7I and you for your
          help, I read allot but sometimes do not understand much, I'm sort of a
          hands on guy so if you show me once or twice I can get it LOL.

          Right now I run Winlink Classic scanning 12 differant frequencies
          24/7 as the National Traffic System Pacific Area Hub. Thus I receive
          and send NTS traffic in the area of 2000 over messages a month
          to the Western States to include Hawaii and Alaska by radio only.
          I except traffic from the Western States and forward it to the
          Central and Eastern United States, the scanner I use is Winscan v2.2,
          per Howard's email to me he is using the Winmore part of the INI file
          to do his scanning, but I see in the SCS example part of the INI file
          mulitple frequencies so I am confused as to which one I can use or is
          there another option.

          In Winlink Classic there is a slide bar that you can adjust the off
          set of the center frequency. In the examples I believe I see that you
          have to imput the window frequency and not the center frequency is that correct.

          Since my system stores and forward's traffic and have a very large
          forwarding file using zip code's along with (Zipcode)@NTSXX
          it looks like I must go to WinFBB or MSYS as a attachment to BPQ
          instead of using BPQ32 mail which I like, is my thinking correct
          on this.

          Again I want to thank you and Howard and Jay for your answers, input
          and help.

          73 Chuck W5KAV
          chuckw5kav@...

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013

            Maybe I should explain what I am trying to do with the BPQ32 Software.

            a. link to the Winlink2000 system and receive and send messages
            b. operate a RMS on VHF only along with sending and receiving WL2K
            messages on the same system.
            c. Send and receive NTS digital message's with store and forwarding
            by zip codes and amateur call signs in Pactor, Winmore, and possibly
            High speed packet on HF
            d. relay NTS messages between HF and VHF
            c. telnet links other than WL2K system (done)

            Right now I run three systems, one system on HF for the NTS
            with Pactor 1,2, 3 in B1 not B2 with a VHF link to local area.
            I have one other system running a VHF RMS along with a system running
            Airmail to receive WL2K messages. Since I have BPQ32 running now I
            have changed out the computer to the computer running BPQ32 but still
            have that system running my VHF RMS but once I get my VHF radio and
            Kantronics system hooked up to the computer running BPQ32 that computer will be free I believe adding a SID to each port.
            Right now I have to swap messages coming from the WL2K system to the
            NTS Digital System by copying traffic to a zip drive, formatting the
            traffic and importing it into my NTS Digital system computer. My
            thinking is that I can make life allot easier by using BPQ32 and
            dropping two computers, then the only thing I would have to do
            export, reformat the Bulk traffic coming from the WL2K system and
            import it back into BPQ32 for the NTS system.

            Being that the NTS-Digital is the backup to the WL2K system I am
            trying to find ways for the Major Area and Regional NTS-Digital Hubs
            to combine their digital systems into one computer, go to a
            store and forward automated system that is easy to use, supported
            as well as you have with BPQ32 and willing to help amateurs
            with upgrade's and the great support you and others do. Myself along
            with the other two Area NTS-Digital Coordinators are looking into the
            future thus I am the test bunny along with one other Digital
            Coordinator in the Eastern Area hopefully change from Winlink Classic
            to BPQ32 in the future.

            73 Chuck W5KAV
            PADC
            Chuckw5kav@...

            > Chuck,
            >
            > The config you have there looks about it. You need to change the RIGCONTOL
            > line to COM3 if the radio is on that port, and SCS modems are often set to
            > 38400, not 96600.
            >
            > Also remove the last 3 lines if you dont have packet ports on the PTC

          • N9ACQ
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013

              Chuck

                              One point to check is will BPOQ w/ Pactor allow basic connections, such as the MFJ-1278B uses, no 8 bit capability in Pactor mode. Both Airmail and Winlink 2.9 and 3.0 allow such connections. If not the NTSD system need to disseminate the lowest Pactor connection allowed across the whole system.

              73 Bill

              N9ACQ

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 30, 2013
                Chuck,

                If i understand what you are doing correctly, you need to specify the scanning info (RIGCONTROL) on your pactor port. If you are scanning lots of frequencies, I suggest you use the "new format" for RIGCONTROL documented in

                Although the old way of specifying all the frequencies on one line still works, for large lists it is not very clear.

                RICGONTROL works with DIAL frequencies - as it doesn't know what your tones are, it can't work in centre freq.

                BPQ Mail can forward on both the zip code and the NTSXX and doesn't have any limit on the number of entries, so I don't see why you should need to use FBB or MSYS

                73, John

                Message 7 of 9 , May 1, 2013
                  Tnxs John,

                  I have allot to wrap my head around, will let you know how
                  thing progress and I'm sure I'll have some more questions
                  down the road.

                  73 Chuck W5KAV

                  > Chuck,
                  >
                  > If i understand what you are doing correctly, you need to specify the
                  > scanning info (RIGCONTROL) on your pactor port. If you are scanning lots of
                  > frequencies, I suggest you use the "new format" for RIGCONTROL documented in
                  >

                  > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/RigControl.htm
                  >
                  > Although the old way of specifying all the frequencies on one line still
                  > works, for large lists it is not very clear.
                  >
                  > RICGONTROL works with DIAL frequencies - as it doesn't know what your tones
                  > are, it can't work in centre freq.
                  >
                  > BPQ Mail can forward on both the zip code and the NTSXX and doesn't have any
                  > limit on the number of entries, so I don't see why you should need to use
                  > FBB or MSYS
                  >
                  > 73, John
                  >

                  > _____

                • W6IDS
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 1, 2013
                    John, just to clarify, you’re saying the RigControl statement
                    such as found in the documentation examples will work if
                    placed in the Pactor Port segment of the BPQ32.cfg?

                    It in fact works?   Hmmm. . . .I read it as being applicable to
                    Winmor use.  I did try it with RIGCONTROL residing in the
                    Pactor Port but had no success.  I’ve read/heard elsewhere
                    where the scanning would not work with the ICOM.  My own
                    attempts did not work, so It seemed true that the scanning
                    activity would be controlled by Winmor per se.

                    Howard W6IDS
                    Richmond, IN EM79NV

                    Message 9 of 9 , May 1, 2013
                      Howard,

                      You can use RIGCONTROL with any of the HF Comms Modes - WINMOR, all the Pactor Drivers, SCSTracker, UZ7HO and MultiPSK.

                      If you are using more than one mode on the same radio (eg WINMOR and Pactor) you should only place the RIGCONTROL statement in one of them, and use the INTERLOCK statement to group those ports together, so that a connection on any of them will stop the scan.