RE: [BPQ32] Rpi gpio to kantronics connection

  • Robert F Jarvis
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013

      Hannes,  I don’t know you Kantronics model, but a number of older TNC.s like the MFJ-1270 series did have TTL pins at the back. – So, Yes if your model does have such pins readily available then you are good to go.

      73

      BobJ/W4JPA

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013
        Hannes,

        Even it it has TTL watch the levels  - it is likely to be 5 volts, which would damage the pi input. A simple resistor divider can be used to drop it to 3.3 v

        73, John