Re: [BPQ32] Rpi gpio to kantronics connection

  • Hannes Hanekom
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2013

      Hi. The kantronics has a ttl / rs232 jumper. Is this ttl from the kantronics at 3.3v required by the rpi?

      On Apr 29, 2013 12:17 PM, "EMail" <abjarvis@...> wrote:

      You will have to use a ttl to rs232 converter dongle unless you can access the Kantronis at the ttl level (the first way is simpler)

      Hannes Hanekom <hanneshanekom@...> wrote:

      >Hi guys. Does anyone have some info on how to connect a raspberry pi to a
      >kantronics modem using gpio serial port?
      >
      >Tnx
      >
      >Hannes
      >ZL1LW

      Hi guys. Does anyone have some info on how to connect a raspberry pi to a kantronics modem using gpio serial port?

      Tnx

      Hannes
      ZL1LW

    • Robert F Jarvis
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013

        Hannes,  I don’t know you Kantronics model, but a number of older TNC.s like the MFJ-1270 series did have TTL pins at the back. – So, Yes if your model does have such pins readily available then you are good to go.

        73

        BobJ/W4JPA

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 29, 2013
          Hannes,

          Even it it has TTL watch the levels  - it is likely to be 5 volts, which would damage the pi input. A simple resistor divider can be used to drop it to 3.3 v

          73, John