RE: [BPQ32] Re: Looking fo a Debian BBS

    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 28, 2013
      They normally aren't - but can be (that is basically what RMS relay does).

      A BPQ system can have both HF and VHF ports, Normally messages from either are passed to the CMS system via the Internet, but it is posble to configure it so that if the local Internet is down the messages are passed to another system (BPQ or normal RMS) via any available rf links (packet or pactor, etc).

      73, John

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jerry
      Sen t: Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:09 PM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

      See below

      Message 2 of 21 , Apr 28, 2013

        A drawback with most RMS Gates is the possible loss of the internet connection in an emergency. We built it on the PI to make a 12 volt (only) small footprint station. Hopefully easily moved to a site that does have a connection. I’ll look into the HF side later (Better to walk before I run!)

        Final question for now; I have AX.25 services running on the pi that’ll  be hosting the LinBPQ. Should it stay or go?

        From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jerry
        Sen t: Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:09 PM
        To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

        See below

        Message 3 of 21 , Apr 28, 2013
          No you don't.  Your access is via a web browser (included or the SD card.) using port 8080
          The HTML files are what you will be using.  Not too up on the RMS stuff yet but the basic
          BBS looks really good.

          N4EV

          Message 4 of 21 , Apr 28, 2013
            The linux ax.25 stack won't normally be used - but if you have an application that needs it (eg dxspider), you can link the LinBPQ node to the linux stack. It won't do any harm to leave it there.

            73, John

            From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jerry
            Sen t: Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:09 PM
            To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

            See below

            Message 5 of 21 , Apr 28, 2013

              Ok – But as I really want to see what happens and what interacts with what here - in the best principles of KISS I aim to start with a clean distro SD!

              73 BobJ

              From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jerry
              Sen t: Sunday, April 28, 2013 4:09 PM
              To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

              See below

              Message 6 of 21 , Apr 28, 2013

                Interesting – we’re going in reverse! My RMS Gate chirping away like a bird amd LinBQP planned for Tuesday.

                73 BobJ

                Message 7 of 21 , May 14, 2013
                  Jerry

                  Please send me the link as well.

                  Thanks

                  Rick

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  On Apr 28, 2013, at 1:26 PM, "Jerry" <n9lya@...> wrote:

                  Linbpq works great on the Pi.  I will see if I can find u the download link and send private

                  73

                    Message 9 of 21 , May 14, 2013
                      Great,, let me know what you find, I'm hiking on the AT, I have a pitnc that I would also like to run BPQ on!

                      Ill be back in late May, I'll get with you and I can share what I already have compiled for the RPI.

                      Rick

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      Message 10 of 21 , May 14, 2013
                        Instructions on setting up LinBPQ, which includes the Node, BBS and Chat server can be found here

                        The document has links to download the software

                        There are a couple of other links which may be of interest

                        Installing BPQ on a Respberry PI

                        Setting up an RMS Gateway

                        73, John G8BPQ