PI and Tracker

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2013
      John et al
      I am having good luck with user access and forwarding to other RP BPQ systems.
      One problem occurs from time to time, when linux starts sometimes the two USB devices (FTDI and PL2303) will swap places in the loading process. The way I ahandling this is to change the IOADDR in bpq depending which device is designated to COM1 or COM2 in bpq32.cfg. I wonder if changing the placement of the devices in my powered hub may help? Or just not move them I usually don't but recently I added a nano wireless module and ocasionally add and remove a usb drive when swapping files in the system.

      Also the winlink folks are working on an all radio system without internet (obviously).

    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2013

        Hi Jim…

        Also the winlink folks are working on an all radio system without internet (obviously).  That is welcome news…   73 jk

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2013
          Jim,

          The only think I can think of is to parse dmesg and set the symlinks to the com ports appropriately. Not very elegant! - maybe someone has a better idea.

          73, John