RE: [BPQ32] Re: 04-27-13 RASPBERRY PI SERIAL PORT CONFIGURATION

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 28 8:54 AM
      Dave,

      First make sure there isn't a getty attached to /dev/ttyAMA0 - ps ax | grep getty

      Try a bit of elimination. Loop the serial port (either on the pi connector or the converter output).

      See if BPQ receives it's own packets. If so, the serial port and BPQ are OK. Check that the BPQ port speed matches the KPC speed..

      If not, try a terminal program instead of BPQ (I use putty, but there are others). set to /dev/ttyAMA0, and see if you receive what is typed. If so, the serial port is ok, and you can check the BPQ config.

      You can also connect a terminal program with the KPC attached. You should see data as packets are received, though the headers will look odd as they are KISS format.

      73, John