Re: Windows 2000 DLL Hell

  • g4fvg
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 26, 2013
      Hello Ron and group,

      I have found a Windows 2000 professional CD [Release Candidate 3, Build 2183] that has the msvcrt.dll file 'unzipped'/'uncompressed'.
      Its size is 288.1 KB, dated 14 Nov 1999 at 1600 hrs.

      The CD also has the dbghelp.dll file with the same date, size 158.8 KB.

      Do these sound of any use for me to email direct to you?

      73 Mike

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 26, 2013
        Thanks, Mike.

        The main issue was that I was using a function not supported in Windows 2000.

        For anyone else using Windows 98 or WIndows 2000 and having problems with version 6.x,  this should fix it

        73, John

        I have found a Windows 2000 professional CD [Release Candidate 3, Build 2183] that has the msvcrt.dll file 'unzipped'/'uncompressed'.
        Its size is 288.1 KB, dated 14 Nov 1999 at 1600 hrs.

        The CD also has the dbghelp.dll file with the same date, size 158.8 KB.

        Do these sound of any use for me to email direct to you?

        73 Mike

        [BPQ32] Windows 2000 DLL Hell

        > Upgraded from 5.2.9.1 to 6.0.1.1.
        When starting BPQ32 could not find a call
        > in dbghelp.dll did find a
        newer version and installed, fixed first error.
        > Now can't find a call in
        msvcrt.dll, any newer replacements I try makes
        > computer not completely
        boot.