RE: [BPQ32] help

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
      Daryll

      Depending how you installed BPQMailChat, you need to locate the BPQMailChat
      Folder, the messages are stored in the BPQMailChat\Mail Folder.

      From Start, All Programs, BPQ32, View Program folder, if BPQMailChat Folder
      Is not located there, Repeat the above View Configuration Folder.

      Mike N9PMO
      We have a message that needs to be deleted.  Where are the messages stored
      so I can get rid of it?
      I have done a search but no luck.
      Thanks Buster kg9nd
    • Daryll Webb
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
        Thank u   I looked all over will take care of it
        Buster kg9nd

        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 25, 2016
          Need some help

          Name hr Buster kg9nd

          When I send a message from one bpq sys to other bpq sys's I get this
          protocol error line should start with F Hr is a short example.

          04:33:11T KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <RR C P R0> 04:33:14R KB9TYQ-1>KG9ND-1
          Port=2 <REJ R F R0> 04:33:14T KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C S0 R0>
          NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl 25 cct=058E <INFO S4
          R2>: 000000Uvluzmf{Duuz|^Vg-oZqo7<-]}nv ZXU/.-|?K?s}u
          3%I{|GRs%;,K/n/6jd?xVd$apaG >o5>MU@h_O_vJZ<w9sr[q N[p'e5\>g
          yx*"IM<^c5D3w-8RwLG^(P}F/lhPpBH/>(2;$)lk:s` %#Z&pJ*0Id=XRjjhdf$Ba 04:33:14T
          KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C S1 R0> NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl 25
          cct=058E <INFO S5 R2>: D}tvX~ur?d4ax6D>YN{7c/
          kgN?o y>?=%x=~`)n(0_w=nB;qp:?qqp}[Y\pwLG$N]5]O_F8v;AfqI@#}\>U\ws!qm!?~
          $EF "DM<,9e_{u"X`B$Z9(2aCbnfPNh~*vx0%dZmG"U*+cdA/"^#V#=P=VyDL}ly\mL/Py": AiHn-G?41D&= 04:33:14T
          KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C S2 R0> NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl 25
          cct=058E <INFO S6 R3>: D|pr?)e[$iMt*)i%kmv#<)X-=X-|E=k+{)5!C52X(Mja)
          rH WpWr&G,'g%D"]"we.@7lCUU1];uL}HauUUUDgSX)$X^Q0Vk2i/9$9K'gT5AoyRz<0,?!>c~(T_5A!@j&) xU^@EG8yh`C}zh 04:33:14T
          KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C P S3 R0> NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl
          25 cct=058E <INFO S7 R3>: *** Protocol Error - Line should start with 'F'

          Some times a restart on the program will fix and some times I will
          reboot the pc and will fix.

          Other times it will fix it self over a day or so.

          If anyone else has seen this please pass the fix along.

          Thanks Buster kg9nd
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016
            Buster

            F Line Protocol Error is usually from a mismatch in FBB Protocol calls
            One station may have only Binary selected in the manage forwarding, the
            other station may have Binary & B1 or B2 selected, I can not tell as the SID
            exchange in your capture is missing this is an example of Binary only no B1
            or B2

            [BPQ-6.0.12.35-BFIHJM$]

            If the other station sends out the same but with a 1 included in the SID you
            or the other station will receive the F Protocol Error, they must match.

            I have one BBS running LINFBB using Binary & B1, no matter what I try the
            only way I can send messages/bulls is uncompressed ASCII (Plain Text) if
            this is happening with only one BBS try using No Binary, as to why
            restarting or waiting and it clears up
            I can not tell with out seeing the SID exchange.

            I hope this help you out.

            73

            Mike Melnik-N9PMO
            BPQ32 Yahoo Group moderator
          • buster
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016

              out standing     fix    so far

              thanks

              b1 checked on a few  don't know how but removed and no errors

              nice to have help

              thanks again

              Buster kg9nd

              On 4/29/2016 2:29 PM, 'Mike Melnik' mmelnik1@... [BPQ32] wrote:

[...]

            • W6IDS
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016

                Buster,

                Every one of my station records show Binary andB2 Checked.

                Howard W6IDS

                Richmond, IN

                Message 8 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016
                  Howard

                  If B1 or B2 is selected each one over rides the other, in other words if you
                  have B2 selected
                  Normally for WL2K or if one wants to send attachments in a packet message.

                  You really do not need Binary & B1 checked, B2 will include the two, same
                  with just B1 enabled
                  this will enable Binary.

                  If the BBS you are connecting to or visa versa and the two SID'S don't
                  match, the F protocol error
                  Will be received and the message may not be sent.

                  These selections may be should thought out bit more between all BBS'S, there
                  are other BBS
                  Programs that do not support the B2 (attachment) protocol.

                  The ISP Interface Packet < - > Email is excluded from sending attachments.

                  This is just my suggestion.

                  Message 9 of 17 , Apr 30, 2016
                    You betcha, Mike. Many thanks for that input. I don't recall it coming
                    up for
                    discussion during my initial setup quite some time ago. I am going to
                    take a
                    peek into that later today.

                    What I just noticed is that when I just now changed a station's Binary
                    status
                    to unchecked, saved it, then went back to look, "Allow Binary" was
                    automagically
                    checked again. "B2" already checked. Hmm. . . .noticed that before but it
                    wasn't something I questioned. I just now did that with two other records.

                    There had been an issue or two with the protocol error some time ago, but it
                    turned out to be the other station not having "B2" selected. It did not
                    occur
                    to me that some systems might not support B2.

                    Thank you, Sir. This will help with local discussions about the "F"
                    protocol
                    error.

                    Howard W6IDS
                    Richmond, IN

                    On 4/30/2016 1:49 AM, 'Mike Melnik' mmelnik1@... [BPQ32] wrote:
                    > Howard
                    >
                    > If B1 or B2 is selected each one over rides the other, in other words if you
                    > have B2 selected
                    > Normally for WL2K or if one wants to send attachments in a packet message.
                    >
                    > You really do not need Binary & B1 checked, B2 will include the two, same
                    > with just B1 enabled
                    > this will enable Binary.

                    <SNIP>
                    Message 10 of 17 , Apr 30, 2016
                      Howard

                      John explain it better then I did, what you described where you unchecked
                      B2, Save, then return to the manage forwarding to find B2 or Binary checked
                      again sounds a bit like you may have more then one BPQ Mail Server Process
                      running.

                      Message 11 of 17 , Apr 30, 2016
                        Heh. . . no, Mike. Only ONE instance here.

                        In my description, "B2" is checked and remains so. The focus was on the
                        "Allow Binary". . . . . .

                        I have been running with "B2" and "Allow Binary" both checked. In my
                        initial setup
                        days, lots of info was coming in at once. So, it did not catch my
                        attention as to
                        how the Binary status was responding.

                        I guess I had simply accepted the Allow Binary being checked all the
                        time. I did not
                        see the relationship between that and "B2" being checked and, due to
                        inexperience,
                        failed to see the need to ask about it. Some things I just accepted to
                        keep moving.

                        In my other message, I was sharing the moment of discovery for me, as it
                        were.
                        I was flexing the Binary status, by unchecking it, with "B2" remaining
                        checked.
                        When I saved the information, and then went back to look, "Allow Binary" was
                        check AGAIN - as before. It happened "automagically" and it wasn't
                        until you
                        and John discussed it that I put 2 X 2 together.

                        I did this because of Buster's observation of the Binary setting. He
                        seemed to
                        think that he might have been "careless" in his management of the
                        settings, with
                        some Binaries checked and some not checked. That caught my attention
                        because
                        I had seen Binary unchecked and checked myself. So, I went further and
                        did the
                        same look into a couple of other user station's Forwarding info and
                        found the
                        same result. Binary was always ending up checked. You and John put it into
                        clarity for me. It also touched Buster's situation.

                        I now know consistency needs to be verified between stations regarding such
                        settings. It had not been clear until you and John explained. Now,
                        that is not
                        to diminish all the help I've received from various sources over time.
                        It's just
                        that the subject did not get framed until your messages.

                        For myself, many thanks to you and John.

                        Howard W6IDS
                        Richmond, IN