Windows 2000 DLL Hell

  • kg6hsq
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 24, 2013
      Upgraded from 5.2.9.1 to 6.0.1.1. When starting BPQ32 could not find a call in dbghelp.dll did find a newer version and installed, fixed first error. Now can't find a call in msvcrt.dll, any newer replacements I try makes computer not completely boot.

      Ron
    • Clayton Brantley
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 24, 2013
        Egad!!!  At least upgrade to XP.

        Clayton N4EV

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 25, 2013
          Ron,

          I dont have access to a Windows 2000 system so cant test on it, but I'll see if I can find a solution.

          73, John

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 25, 2013
            Ron:

            I found an old Win2K CD and will see if I can locate the dlls that you need.  Is your address good
            on QRZ?

            Clayton N4EV

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 26, 2013
              I suspect I'm using a function that is only available in XP and later. A Win98 user had a  similar problem. I did produce a special version for him, but I can't now find it, so I'll have to find a proper solution.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 26, 2013
                Hello Ron and group,

                I have found a Windows 2000 professional CD [Release Candidate 3, Build 2183] that has the msvcrt.dll file 'unzipped'/'uncompressed'.
                Its size is 288.1 KB, dated 14 Nov 1999 at 1600 hrs.

                The CD also has the dbghelp.dll file with the same date, size 158.8 KB.

                Do these sound of any use for me to email direct to you?

                73 Mike

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 26, 2013
                  Thanks, Mike.

                  The main issue was that I was using a function not supported in Windows 2000.

                  For anyone else using Windows 98 or WIndows 2000 and having problems with version 6.x,  this should fix it

                  73, John

                  I have found a Windows 2000 professional CD [Release Candidate 3, Build 2183] that has the msvcrt.dll file 'unzipped'/'uncompressed'.
                  Its size is 288.1 KB, dated 14 Nov 1999 at 1600 hrs.

                  The CD also has the dbghelp.dll file with the same date, size 158.8 KB.

                  Do these sound of any use for me to email direct to you?

                  73 Mike

                  [BPQ32] Windows 2000 DLL Hell

                  > Upgraded from 5.2.9.1 to 6.0.1.1.
                  When starting BPQ32 could not find a call
                  > in dbghelp.dll did find a
                  newer version and installed, fixed first error.
                  > Now can't find a call in
                  msvcrt.dll, any newer replacements I try makes
                  > computer not completely
                  boot.