help

  • Daryll Webb
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
      Hello
      I am running bpq version 5.2.9.1
      We have a message that needs to be deleted.  Where are the messages stored so I can get rid of it?
      I have done a search but no luck.
      Thanks Buster kg9nd
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 24, 2013
        Daryll

        Depending how you installed BPQMailChat, you need to locate the BPQMailChat
        Folder, the messages are stored in the BPQMailChat\Mail Folder.

        From Start, All Programs, BPQ32, View Program folder, if BPQMailChat Folder
        Is not located there, Repeat the above View Configuration Folder.

        Mike N9PMO
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 25, 2013
          Thank u   I looked all over will take care of it
          Buster kg9nd

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 25, 2016
            Need some help

            Name hr Buster kg9nd

            When I send a message from one bpq sys to other bpq sys's I get this
            protocol error line should start with F Hr is a short example.

            04:33:11T KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <RR C P R0> 04:33:14R KB9TYQ-1>KG9ND-1
            Port=2 <REJ R F R0> 04:33:14T KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C S0 R0>
            NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl 25 cct=058E <INFO S4
            R2>: 000000Uvluzmf{Duuz|^Vg-oZqo7<-]}nv ZXU/.-|?K?s}u
            3%I{|GRs%;,K/n/6jd?xVd$apaG >o5>MU@h_O_vJZ<w9sr[q N[p'e5\>g
            yx*"IM<^c5D3w-8RwLG^(P}F/lhPpBH/>(2;$)lk:s` %#Z&pJ*0Id=XRjjhdf$Ba 04:33:14T
            KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C S1 R0> NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl 25
            cct=058E <INFO S5 R2>: D}tvX~ur?d4ax6D>YN{7c/
            kgN?o y>?=%x=~`)n(0_w=nB;qp:?qqp}[Y\pwLG$N]5]O_F8v;AfqI@#}\>U\ws!qm!?~
            $EF "DM<,9e_{u"X`B$Z9(2aCbnfPNh~*vx0%dZmG"U*+cdA/"^#V#=P=VyDL}ly\mL/Py": AiHn-G?41D&= 04:33:14T
            KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C S2 R0> NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl 25
            cct=058E <INFO S6 R3>: D|pr?)e[$iMt*)i%kmv#<)X-=X-|E=k+{)5!C52X(Mja)
            rH WpWr&G,'g%D"]"we.@7lCUU1];uL}HauUUUDgSX)$X^Q0Vk2i/9$9K'gT5AoyRz<0,?!>c~(T_5A!@j&) xU^@EG8yh`C}zh 04:33:14T
            KG9ND-1>KB9TYQ-1 Port=2 <I C P S3 R0> NET/ROM KG9ND-2 to KB9TYQ-2 ttl
            25 cct=058E <INFO S7 R3>: *** Protocol Error - Line should start with 'F'

            Some times a restart on the program will fix and some times I will
            reboot the pc and will fix.

            Other times it will fix it self over a day or so.

            If anyone else has seen this please pass the fix along.

            Thanks Buster kg9nd
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016
              Buster

              F Line Protocol Error is usually from a mismatch in FBB Protocol calls
              One station may have only Binary selected in the manage forwarding, the
              other station may have Binary & B1 or B2 selected, I can not tell as the SID
              exchange in your capture is missing this is an example of Binary only no B1
              or B2

              [BPQ-6.0.12.35-BFIHJM$]

              If the other station sends out the same but with a 1 included in the SID you
              or the other station will receive the F Protocol Error, they must match.

              I have one BBS running LINFBB using Binary & B1, no matter what I try the
              only way I can send messages/bulls is uncompressed ASCII (Plain Text) if
              this is happening with only one BBS try using No Binary, as to why
              restarting or waiting and it clears up
              I can not tell with out seeing the SID exchange.

              I hope this help you out.

              73

              Mike Melnik-N9PMO
              BPQ32 Yahoo Group moderator
            • buster
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016

                out standing     fix    so far

                thanks

                b1 checked on a few  don't know how but removed and no errors

                nice to have help

                thanks again

                Buster kg9nd

                On 4/29/2016 2:29 PM, 'Mike Melnik' mmelnik1@... [BPQ32] wrote:

[...]

              • W6IDS
                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016

                  Buster,

                  Every one of my station records show Binary andB2 Checked.

                  Howard W6IDS

                  Richmond, IN

                  Message 9 of 17 , Apr 29, 2016
                    Howard

                    If B1 or B2 is selected each one over rides the other, in other words if you
                    have B2 selected
                    Normally for WL2K or if one wants to send attachments in a packet message.

                    You really do not need Binary & B1 checked, B2 will include the two, same
                    with just B1 enabled
                    this will enable Binary.

                    If the BBS you are connecting to or visa versa and the two SID'S don't
                    match, the F protocol error
                    Will be received and the message may not be sent.

                    These selections may be should thought out bit more between all BBS'S, there
                    are other BBS
                    Programs that do not support the B2 (attachment) protocol.

                    The ISP Interface Packet < - > Email is excluded from sending attachments.

                    This is just my suggestion.

                    Message 10 of 17 , Apr 30, 2016
                      You betcha, Mike. Many thanks for that input. I don't recall it coming
                      up for
                      discussion during my initial setup quite some time ago. I am going to
                      take a
                      peek into that later today.

                      What I just noticed is that when I just now changed a station's Binary
                      status
                      to unchecked, saved it, then went back to look, "Allow Binary" was
                      automagically
                      checked again. "B2" already checked. Hmm. . . .noticed that before but it
                      wasn't something I questioned. I just now did that with two other records.

                      There had been an issue or two with the protocol error some time ago, but it
                      turned out to be the other station not having "B2" selected. It did not
                      occur
                      to me that some systems might not support B2.

                      Thank you, Sir. This will help with local discussions about the "F"
                      protocol
                      error.

                      Howard W6IDS
                      Richmond, IN

                      On 4/30/2016 1:49 AM, 'Mike Melnik' mmelnik1@... [BPQ32] wrote:
                      > Howard
                      >
                      > If B1 or B2 is selected each one over rides the other, in other words if you
                      > have B2 selected
                      > Normally for WL2K or if one wants to send attachments in a packet message.
                      >
                      > You really do not need Binary & B1 checked, B2 will include the two, same
                      > with just B1 enabled
                      > this will enable Binary.

                      <SNIP>
                      Message 11 of 17 , Apr 30, 2016
                        Howard

                        John explain it better then I did, what you described where you unchecked
                        B2, Save, then return to the manage forwarding to find B2 or Binary checked
                        again sounds a bit like you may have more then one BPQ Mail Server Process
                        running.

                        Message 12 of 17 , Apr 30, 2016
                          Heh. . . no, Mike. Only ONE instance here.

                          In my description, "B2" is checked and remains so. The focus was on the
                          "Allow Binary". . . . . .

                          I have been running with "B2" and "Allow Binary" both checked. In my
                          initial setup
                          days, lots of info was coming in at once. So, it did not catch my
                          attention as to
                          how the Binary status was responding.

                          I guess I had simply accepted the Allow Binary being checked all the
                          time. I did not
                          see the relationship between that and "B2" being checked and, due to
                          inexperience,
                          failed to see the need to ask about it. Some things I just accepted to
                          keep moving.

                          In my other message, I was sharing the moment of discovery for me, as it
                          were.
                          I was flexing the Binary status, by unchecking it, with "B2" remaining
                          checked.
                          When I saved the information, and then went back to look, "Allow Binary" was
                          check AGAIN - as before. It happened "automagically" and it wasn't
                          until you
                          and John discussed it that I put 2 X 2 together.

                          I did this because of Buster's observation of the Binary setting. He
                          seemed to
                          think that he might have been "careless" in his management of the
                          settings, with
                          some Binaries checked and some not checked. That caught my attention
                          because
                          I had seen Binary unchecked and checked myself. So, I went further and
                          did the
                          same look into a couple of other user station's Forwarding info and
                          found the
                          same result. Binary was always ending up checked. You and John put it into
                          clarity for me. It also touched Buster's situation.

                          I now know consistency needs to be verified between stations regarding such
                          settings. It had not been clear until you and John explained. Now,
                          that is not
                          to diminish all the help I've received from various sources over time.
                          It's just
                          that the subject did not get framed until your messages.

                          For myself, many thanks to you and John.

                          Howard W6IDS
                          Richmond, IN