Can I use BPQ32 for this or do I need AGWPE and RMS Packet/Relay?

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2013
      Have mail/chat/bbs with mail accessible by Outpost with attachments.

      Users connect either via internet or RF.

      Allow Outpost and RMS Express users to read and send Winlink 2000 email with attachments.

      Auto Switching to RF; Winmore and/or UHF/VHF if the local internet goes down.

      Smart cross band digipeating using mheard.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 23, 2013
        Bob,

        As far as I know Outpost doesn't support attachments. but Outpost can sent/receive messages without them.

        Users can connect via either Internet or RF.

        RMS Express users can send/receive messages with attachemts, Outpost users can send them without.

        Yes, the Mailbox forwarding can be set to switch from Internet to RF.when Internet fails.

        There is not automatic cross band digipeating, but the software suppports switching packets between ports using the NETROM routing protocol.

        73, John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 24, 2013
          I believe the upcoming Outpost version 2.8 will have attachment and compression support.....and IMHO be a game changer for many users ;-)

          73
          Jeff
          WA4ZKO