New guy in the planning stage please comment

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2013
      Howdy,

      I currently have 1200 VHF and 9600 UHF packet stations using hardware TNCs. I would like to do these things and I think BPQ32 will do it all for me:

      Please comment and make suggestions!

      Controlled by what ssid the RF user connects to:

      Provide a connection into the packet node network (which is of course built in).

      Have mail/chat/bbs
      The mail has to be accessible by Outpost with attachments because that is what people use here in and around Grand Rapids, MI mostly to TNC based BBS or JNOS ham gates.

      Outpost users connect either via internet or RF.

      Allow Outpost users to read and send Winlink 2000 email with attachments, which can be done via BPQMail and telnet?

      Allow switching to RF if the local internet goes down either to other counties' VHF/UHF JNOS or via HF Winmore.

      Allow other counties to connect to various things using 9600 UHF if their local internet goes down.

      Do I need any software besides the BPQ* programs, like RMS Packet/relay?

      Any comments or ideas for the following icings?

      Icing on the cake:
      Smart digipeating (or what ever you want to call it without starting a flame war) using Nodes and local mheard including across the two radios and/or the internet.

      Icing:
      Interface with D-Star network via RF and/or internet. Icom has convinced the HS people at the state to put D-S repeaters in every county.

      Icing:
      APRS messages to Weather Chat room from sky warn people in the field.

      Icing:
      More than one radio each band on different frequencies interconnected. Can do the hardware but need ideas on software.

      Thanks in advance,

      Bob KD8LZT
      Allegan County SAR and PSC