Re: [BPQ32] Scanning

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 12, 2013
      I had this happen on winlink systems when I used usb comms. Some of those do not properly halt the scanning process. I use only comm cards that are attached to the computer's hardware bus. The most reasonable are NetMOS units I have 5 ports on my main server. I also have a couple of Compaq EVO's that have 2 hardware com ports they are around 100.00 and are well shielded.

      Jim
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014
        Hello,
        I have 4 computers with BPQ32 and Telnet (overkill ?) Two of them with slightly older version of BPQ32 work fine on Telnet and can be accessed by my friends. The two others with the latest version of BPQ, ver. 6.0.8.1 are also setup for Telnet with different ports but I cannot access them. I use PUTTY on all of the computers to connect to BPQ-Telnet. I compared the BPQ32.cfg files and they are identical except for the port number. I have forwarded the appropriate ports in the router. I can not find why they act differently. Below is a copy of  the Telnet port::

        PORT
         PORTNUM=3
        ID=TELNET SERVER
        TYPE=EXTERNAL
        DRIVER=TELNET
        CONFIG
        LOGGING=1
        DisconnectOnClose=1
        TCPPORT=8010
        LOGINPROMPT=user:
        PASSWORDPROMPT=password:
        LOCALECHO=YES
        MAXSESSIONS=5
        CMS=1
        CMSCALL=N1BDF-10
        CMSPASS=xxxxxxxxxx
        CTEXT=Welcome to N1BDF's Telnet Server \nEnter ? for list of commands\n\n
        USER=jon,xxxxxxx,n1bdf
        USER=bob,xxxxxxx,n1ra
        ENDPORT

        Router forwarding
        BPQ32-1        TCP         8010      public IP number

        I am going nuts trying to find the difference between the working and not working ones, HELP!!!

        Jon - N1BDF

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014
          Jon

          First, did you check the BPQ MDI/BPQ32DLL Console Window for Errors?

          A couple of changes in the last two releases:

          PORT
          ID=TELNET Server
          DRIVER=Telnet
          CONFIG
          LOGGING=1
          DisconnectOnClose=1
          TCPPORT=8010
          FBBPORT=8011
          HTTPPORT=85
          LOGINPROMPT=user:
          PASSWORDPROMPT=password:
          MAXSESSIONS=15
          CMS=1
          CMSCALL=N9PMO-10
          CMSPASS=xxxxxxxxx

          CTEXT=Welcome to the N9PMO BPQ-Telnet Server\nEnter ? for list of
          commands\n\n

          USER=
          ENDPORT

          Since you have 4 different computers, for a public connection your
          router/firewall will need to point to each LAN address of the computers.

          It is best to set each computer with a Static LAN IP address.

          Mike N9PMO
          BPQ32 Group Moderator
          www.n9pmo.com
        • Jon Krijgsman
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014
            HI,
            After I sent my previous message abut Telnet problems, I tried connecting via the LAN addresses of the other computers and that worked nicely. Now the question is why does it not work via the public IP on two of the four computers while all four are on the same network with the same external IP.
            73 Jon N1BDF
          • Joel Yates
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014

              Do you have the ports on the routers open in both directions?
              ...Joel N4JOA

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014
                Jon

                One problem I forgot to ask, are you using the same TCPPORT= on all
                machines?
                This won't work, if all machines are the same port, from the public view the
                remote
                User ISP will attempt to connect to all machines.

                Are you using a DNS host, ea. NO-IP.ORG or similar and updater, or do you
                have a static WAN IP address, it needs to be one or the other.

                Most ISP'S are dynamic, ADSL usually are PPPOP some how the remote user need
                to know what WAN address to connect to for access of your Telnet server,
                Dynamic
                IP addresses can change at any time so one week it may be one address the
                next day or week it may change, this is where the DNS host comes in to play.

                I assume since you are using the TCPPORT users are using a terminal program
                to connect manually? If for4warding between two BBS'S then you would need
                the FBBPORT= which allows up to 99 different entries, this is only for FBB
                protocols.

                Last question, is this WIN or LIN BPQ?

                If you are in need of more help feel free to contact me directly.

                73

                Mike N9PMO
                BPQ32 Group Moderator
                www.n9pmo.com
              • Dave Webb
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014
                  Jon
                  Do you have different ports for the same function on each computer?
                  Then you need to program the router so each computer has it's own static IP and direct the desired port to the desired computer.

                  73
                  Dave
                  WB2HVF