RE: [BPQ32] BPQ connect via rf vs ip

  • Harold Kinchelow
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 15 3:42 PM

      Try c (port #) TEST-0

      Sent from a smartphone.  Owner makes typo's for sure.

      On Apr 15, 2013 3:33 PM, "Jerry" <n9lya@...> wrote:

      Just use

      c port alias-1

      Works for me just fine when I have a path via both a AXIp and RF it forces the RF Path. As under actual usage it would be very hard to disable AXIP overtime I wanted to connect to a station on RF..

      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 15 8:59 PM
        Hi John,
        I had a local node that I could not get a connect to via port 1. It would always try via the web (port 3) even if I typed C 1 <Callsign>. The way I finally got it to connect on port 1 using BPQ32 Version 6.0.1.1. was I had to go to the node window labeled at the top BPQ32.dll Console Version 6.0.1.1 (It's the window that tells you all your ports are configured correctly when you first boot up) and click on the border of the window to highlight it and then look all the way up to the top left side of your PC screen and you'll see a drop down list that says ACTION. Click on Action and then click Clear Nodes, reread bpq32.cfg file, and reconfigure node. Then you will be able to connect by typing C 1 <Callsign>. Don't worry about your node list because it will immediately rebuild from another network node.Keep these instructions handy because you may have to do it again in the future. Thanks go to KF4LLF Seth for telling me how to do this!

        Very 73,
        Cliff - KU4GW
        BRTMTN:KU4GW-7 Sysop

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Hannes Hanekom <hanneshanekom@...> wrote:

        > Hi John,
        >
        > I have an application configured to node `test` on my linbpq config to
        > connect to it via IP. This station has an rf port with radio attached to
        > it. When I attempt to connect to this station via rf instead op ip using c
        > 1 test, From linbpq or winbpq it connects via ip and not via rf. My rf
        > port is port 1, and ip port on port 2. How can i connect to node `test` via
        > rf instead of ip?
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Hannes
        > ZL1LW.

      • Harold Kinchelow
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 15 9:23 PM

          To force a connect, do c (port number) (aliase)-0

          On Apr 15, 2013 8:59 PM, "KU4GW Cliff" <cliffku4gw@...> wrote:

          Hi John,
          I had a local node that I could not get a connect to via port 1. It would always try via the web (port 3) even if I typed C 1 <Callsign>. The way I finally got it to connect on port 1 using BPQ32 Version 6.0.1.1. was I had to go to the node window labeled at the top BPQ32.dll Console Version 6.0.1.1 (It's the window that tells you all your ports are configured correctly when you first boot up) and click on the border of the window to highlight it and then look all the way up to the top left side of your PC screen and you'll see a drop down list that says ACTION. Click on Action and then click Clear Nodes, reread bpq32.cfg file, and reconfigure node. Then you will be able to connect by typing C 1 <Callsign>. Don't worry about your node list because it will immediately rebuild from another network node.Keep these instructions handy because you may have to do it again in the future. Thanks go to KF4LLF Seth for telling me how to do this!

          Very 73,
          Cliff - KU4GW
          BRTMTN:KU4GW-7 Sysop

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Hannes Hanekom <hanneshanekom@...> wrote:

          > Hi John,
          >
          > I have an application configured to node `test` on my linbpq config to
          > connect to it via IP. This station has an rf port with radio attached to
          > it. When I attempt to connect to this station via rf instead op ip using c
          > 1 test, From linbpq or winbpq it connects via ip and not via rf. My rf
          > port is port 1, and ip port on port 2. How can i connect to node `test` via
          > rf instead of ip?
          >
          > Regards
          >
          > Hannes
          > ZL1LW.

        • CJ Hanekom
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 15 10:02 PM
            Thanks for all the replies, using "c port alias-1" worked for me.

            Regards

            Hannes
            ZL1LW
            Node: TORBAY

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 15 10:40 PM
              Hannes, (and other respondents)

              That is the correct way, and is even documented!

              "Normally you cannot override the automatic route selection when you connect
              to another node, but you can fool the system into thinking a node is a
              normal station by connecting to the alias, and adding an SSID. For example,
              if you want to connect to NOTTS:G8BPQ-3, you can force a Level 2 connect
              on a secified port by entering C P NOTTS-1"

              73, John

              Thanks for all the replies, using "c port alias-1" worked for me.

              Regards

              Hannes
              ZL1LW
              Node: TORBAY

              On 16/04/13 16:23, Harold Kinchelow wrote:

              To force a connect, do c (port number) (aliase)-0

              Sent from a smartphone.  Owner makes typo's for sure.

              On Apr 15, 2013 8:59 PM, "KU4GW Cliff" <cliffku4gw@...> wrote:

              Hi John,
              I had a local node that I could not get a connect to via port 1. It would always try via the web (port 3) even if I typed C 1 <Callsign>. The way I finally got it to connect on port 1 using BPQ32 Version 6.0.1.1. was I had to go to the node window labeled at the top BPQ32.dll Console Version 6.0.1.1 (It's the window that tells you all your ports are configured correctly when you first boot up) and click on the border of the window to highlight it and then look all the way up to the top left side of your PC screen and you'll see a drop down list that says ACTION. Click on Action and then click Clear Nodes, reread bpq32.cfg file, and reconfigure node. Then you will be able to connect by typing C 1 <Callsign>. Don't worry about your node list because it will immediately rebuild from another network node.Keep these instructions handy because you may have to do it again in the future. Thanks go to KF4LLF Seth for telling me how to do this!

              Very 73,
              Cliff - KU4GW
              BRTMTN:KU4GW-7 Sysop

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Hannes Hanekom <hanneshanekom@...> wrote:

              > Hi John,
              >
              > I have an application configured to node `test` on my linbpq config to
              > connect to it via IP. This station has an rf port with radio attached to
              > it. When I attempt to connect to this station via rf instead op ip using c
              > 1 test, From linbpq or winbpq it connects via ip and not via rf. My rf
              > port is port 1, and ip port on port 2. How can i connect to node `test` via
              > rf instead of ip?
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Hannes
              > ZL1LW.

            • KU4GW Cliff
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 16 1:16 AM
                The C 1 Alias-1 works for me too! Thank you for telling me a much more simple way to do this also!

                Very 73 de Cliff KU4GW