Re: [BPQ32] AXIP port in LINBPQ

  • Harold Kinchelow
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013

      No biggy.  Just didn't want him to get confused.  That's all.

      Harold
      K7ILO

      Sent from a smartphone.  Owner makes typo's for sure.

      On Apr 9, 2013 9:03 PM, "Matt VK2RQ" <matt.vk2rq@...> wrote:
      Sorry, when I built my config file I did some cutting and pasting, and I should have edited out those misleading comments.

      73, Matt VK2RQ.

      On 10/04/2013, at 1:52 PM, Harold Kinchelow <k7ilo1@...> wrote:

      > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Matt VK2RQ <matt.vk2rq@...> wrote:
      >
      > Here's how I set up the AXUDP port on my LinBPQ node:
      >
      > PORT
      > PORTNUM=1 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated
      >

      > ID=AXUDP ; Defines the Loopback port   <<<< Dont be confused by this  explination.  This is not a Loopback port Marco
      > TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Loopback is an internal type  <<<< Dont be confused by this explination.  This is not a Loopback port Marco
      >

      > DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
      > QUALITY=250
      > MAXFRAME=1 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
      > FRACK=10000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
      > RESPTIME=3000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
      > RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
      > PACLEN=253 ;
      > MINQUAL=100
      > UNPROTO=FBB ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR
      > BCALL=VK2ACL-1
      >
      > CONFIG
      > UDP 10092
      > MHEARD
      > BROADCAST NODES
      > MAP VK2RQ-1 192.168.1.67 UDP 10093 B
      > AUTOADDMAP
      > ENDPORT
      >
      > 73, Matt VK2RQ/VK2ACL
      >

      > On 10/04/2013, at 7:58 AM, "Marco" <iw2ohx@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hi all,
      > >
      > > last time that I played with BPQ was in 1995 (probably!).
      > > It is amazing playing with it again.
      > >
      > > I'm testing the LinBPQ in my linuxbox.
      > >
      > > What is the correct syntax to define an AXIP port in LinBPQ ?
      > >
      > > I tried with:
      > >
      > > PORT
      > > PORTNUM=3
      > > ID=AXIP Link
      > > TYPE=EXTERNAL
      > > DRIVER=AXIP
      > >
      > > with no success. Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive or in the documentation.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Marco
      > > iw2ohx
      > > www.iw2ohx.net

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
          BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Marco Di Martino (IW2OHX)
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
        Hi,

        thanks to all.

        I've to say: it's documented.

        But I was confused for this entry: DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
        It seems to be something related to WIN and I did not
        try it inside linbpq config.

        Marco
        iw2ohx

      • Matt VK2RQ
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
          This tells LinBPQ what type of port this is, and what sort of driver should be used. Of course, in the case of LinBPQ, the drivers are all statically linked into the executable, so it doesn't need to go looking for an actual DLL file, but I can understand the source of confusion.

          73, Matt VK2RQ

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 10, 2013
            Marco,

            There have been a few changes make to make the config file more logical. You can use

            DRIVER=BPQAXIP
            or
            DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL

            Also for Serial Ports, you can use either IOADDR or COMPORT to specifiy a port number. IOPORT Is in hex, COMPORT in Decimal. So you COM10 you could have

            IOADDR=A
            or
            COMPORT=10.

            For LinBPQ, you can also specify a serial device name, eg

            COMPORT=/dev/ttyUSB0.

            VK2RQ <matt.vk2rq@...> wrote:

            > > > Here's how I set up the AXUDP port on
            my LinBPQ node:

            > > > PORT

            PORTNUM=1 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated

            > > > ID=AXUDP ; Defines the Loopback port
            <<<< Dont be confused by this
            > > explination. This is not
            a Loopback port Marco
            > > > TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Loopback is an internal
            type <<<< Dont be confused by
            > > this explination. This is
            not a Loopback port Marco

            DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
            > > > QUALITY=250
            > > > MAXFRAME=1 ;
            Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
            > > > FRACK=10000 ; Level 2 timout
            in milliseconds
            > > > RESPTIME=3000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in
            milliseconds
            > > > RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
            > > > PACLEN=253 ;
            > > > MINQUAL=100

            UNPROTO=FBB ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR
            > > > BCALL=VK2ACL-1
            > > >
            > > > CONFIG
            > > > UDP 10092

            MHEARD
            > > > BROADCAST NODES
            > > > MAP VK2RQ-1
            192.168.1.67 UDP 10093 B
            > > > AUTOADDMAP

            ENDPORT

            7:58 AM, "Marco" <iw2ohx@...> wrote:

            Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive
            > > or in the
            documentation.

            www.iw2ohx.net

            > > Yahoo! Groups