Re: [BPQ32] AXIP port in LINBPQ

  • Matt VK2RQ
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
      Here's how I set up the AXUDP port on my LinBPQ node:

      PORT
      PORTNUM=1 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated
      ID=AXUDP ; Defines the Loopback port
      TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Loopback is an internal type
      DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
      QUALITY=250
      MAXFRAME=1 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
      FRACK=10000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
      RESPTIME=3000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
      RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
      PACLEN=253 ;
      MINQUAL=100
      UNPROTO=FBB ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR
      BCALL=VK2ACL-1

      CONFIG
      UDP 10092
      MHEARD
      BROADCAST NODES
      MAP VK2RQ-1 192.168.1.67 UDP 10093 B
      AUTOADDMAP
      ENDPORT

      73, Matt VK2RQ/VK2ACL

      On 10/04/2013, at 7:58 AM, "Marco" <iw2ohx@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > last time that I played with BPQ was in 1995 (probably!).
      > It is amazing playing with it again.
      >
      > I'm testing the LinBPQ in my linuxbox.
      >
      > What is the correct syntax to define an AXIP port in LinBPQ ?
      >
      > I tried with:
      >
      > PORT
      > PORTNUM=3
      > ID=AXIP Link
      > TYPE=EXTERNAL
      > DRIVER=AXIP
      >
      > with no success. Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive or in the documentation.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Marco
      > iw2ohx
      > www.iw2ohx.net

    • Harold Kinchelow
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013

        On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Matt VK2RQ <matt.vk2rq@...> wrote:

        Here's how I set up the AXUDP port on my LinBPQ node:

        PORT
        PORTNUM=1 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated

        ID=AXUDP ; Defines the Loopback port   <<<< Dont be confused by this  explination.  This is not a Loopback port Marco
        TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Loopback is an internal type  <<<< Dont be confused by this explination.  This is not a Loopback port Marco

        DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
        QUALITY=250
        MAXFRAME=1 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
        FRACK=10000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
        RESPTIME=3000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
        RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
        PACLEN=253 ;
        MINQUAL=100
        UNPROTO=FBB ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR
        BCALL=VK2ACL-1

        CONFIG
        UDP 10092
        MHEARD
        BROADCAST NODES
        MAP VK2RQ-1 192.168.1.67 UDP 10093 B
        AUTOADDMAP
        ENDPORT

        73, Matt VK2RQ/VK2ACL

        On 10/04/2013, at 7:58 AM, "Marco" <iw2ohx@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > last time that I played with BPQ was in 1995 (probably!).
        > It is amazing playing with it again.
        >
        > I'm testing the LinBPQ in my linuxbox.
        >
        > What is the correct syntax to define an AXIP port in LinBPQ ?
        >
        > I tried with:
        >
        > PORT
        > PORTNUM=3
        > ID=AXIP Link
        > TYPE=EXTERNAL
        > DRIVER=AXIP
        >
        > with no success. Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive or in the documentation.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Marco
        > iw2ohx
        > www.iw2ohx.net

      • Matt VK2RQ
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
          Sorry, when I built my config file I did some cutting and pasting, and I should have edited out those misleading comments.

          73, Matt VK2RQ.

          On 10/04/2013, at 1:52 PM, Harold Kinchelow <k7ilo1@...> wrote:

          > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Matt VK2RQ <matt.vk2rq@...> wrote:
          >
          > Here's how I set up the AXUDP port on my LinBPQ node:
          >
          > PORT
          > PORTNUM=1 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated
          >

          > ID=AXUDP ; Defines the Loopback port <<<< Dont be confused by this explination. This is not a Loopback port Marco
          > TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Loopback is an internal type <<<< Dont be confused by this explination. This is not a Loopback port Marco
          >

          > DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
          > QUALITY=250
          > MAXFRAME=1 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
          > FRACK=10000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
          > RESPTIME=3000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
          > RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
          > PACLEN=253 ;
          > MINQUAL=100
          > UNPROTO=FBB ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR
          > BCALL=VK2ACL-1
          >
          > CONFIG
          > UDP 10092
          > MHEARD
          > BROADCAST NODES
          > MAP VK2RQ-1 192.168.1.67 UDP 10093 B
          > AUTOADDMAP
          > ENDPORT
          >
          > 73, Matt VK2RQ/VK2ACL
          >

          > On 10/04/2013, at 7:58 AM, "Marco" <iw2ohx@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi all,
          > >
          > > last time that I played with BPQ was in 1995 (probably!).
          > > It is amazing playing with it again.
          > >
          > > I'm testing the LinBPQ in my linuxbox.
          > >
          > > What is the correct syntax to define an AXIP port in LinBPQ ?
          > >
          > > I tried with:
          > >
          > > PORT
          > > PORTNUM=3
          > > ID=AXIP Link
          > > TYPE=EXTERNAL
          > > DRIVER=AXIP
          > >
          > > with no success. Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive or in the documentation.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Marco
          > > iw2ohx
          > > www.iw2ohx.net

        • Harold Kinchelow
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013

            No biggy.  Just didn't want him to get confused.  That's all.

            Harold
            K7ILO

            Sent from a smartphone.  Owner makes typo's for sure.

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
                BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • Marco Di Martino (IW2OHX)
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
              Hi,

              thanks to all.

              I've to say: it's documented.

              But I was confused for this entry: DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
              It seems to be something related to WIN and I did not
              try it inside linbpq config.

              Marco
              iw2ohx

            • Matt VK2RQ
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
                This tells LinBPQ what type of port this is, and what sort of driver should be used. Of course, in the case of LinBPQ, the drivers are all statically linked into the executable, so it doesn't need to go looking for an actual DLL file, but I can understand the source of confusion.

                73, Matt VK2RQ

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 10, 2013
                  Marco,

                  There have been a few changes make to make the config file more logical. You can use

                  DRIVER=BPQAXIP
                  or
                  DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL

                  Also for Serial Ports, you can use either IOADDR or COMPORT to specifiy a port number. IOPORT Is in hex, COMPORT in Decimal. So you COM10 you could have

                  IOADDR=A
                  or
                  COMPORT=10.

                  For LinBPQ, you can also specify a serial device name, eg

                  COMPORT=/dev/ttyUSB0.

                  VK2RQ <matt.vk2rq@...> wrote:

                  > > > Here's how I set up the AXUDP port on
                  my LinBPQ node:

                  > > > PORT

                  PORTNUM=1 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated

                  > > > ID=AXUDP ; Defines the Loopback port
                  <<<< Dont be confused by this
                  > > explination. This is not
                  a Loopback port Marco
                  > > > TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Loopback is an internal
                  type <<<< Dont be confused by
                  > > this explination. This is
                  not a Loopback port Marco

                  DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
                  > > > QUALITY=250
                  > > > MAXFRAME=1 ;
                  Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
                  > > > FRACK=10000 ; Level 2 timout
                  in milliseconds
                  > > > RESPTIME=3000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in
                  milliseconds
                  > > > RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
                  > > > PACLEN=253 ;
                  > > > MINQUAL=100

                  UNPROTO=FBB ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR
                  > > > BCALL=VK2ACL-1
                  > > >
                  > > > CONFIG
                  > > > UDP 10092

                  MHEARD
                  > > > BROADCAST NODES
                  > > > MAP VK2RQ-1
                  192.168.1.67 UDP 10093 B
                  > > > AUTOADDMAP

                  ENDPORT

                  7:58 AM, "Marco" <iw2ohx@...> wrote:

                  Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive
                  > > or in the
                  documentation.

                  www.iw2ohx.net

                  > > Yahoo! Groups