AXIP port in LINBPQ

  • Marco
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
      Hi all,

      last time that I played with BPQ was in 1995 (probably!).
      It is amazing playing with it again.

      I'm testing the LinBPQ in my linuxbox.

      What is the correct syntax to define an AXIP port in LinBPQ ?

      I tried with:

      PORT
      PORTNUM=3
      ID=AXIP Link
      TYPE=EXTERNAL
      DRIVER=AXIP

      with no success. Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive or in the documentation.

      Thanks,
      Marco
      iw2ohx
      www.iw2ohx.net
    • Matt VK2RQ
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
        Here's how I set up the AXUDP port on my LinBPQ node:

        PORT
        PORTNUM=1 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated
        ID=AXUDP ; Defines the Loopback port
        TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Loopback is an internal type
        DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
        QUALITY=250
        MAXFRAME=1 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
        FRACK=10000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
        RESPTIME=3000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
        RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
        PACLEN=253 ;
        MINQUAL=100
        UNPROTO=FBB ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR
        BCALL=VK2ACL-1

        CONFIG
        UDP 10092
        MHEARD
        BROADCAST NODES
        MAP VK2RQ-1 192.168.1.67 UDP 10093 B
        AUTOADDMAP
        ENDPORT

        73, Matt VK2RQ/VK2ACL

        On 10/04/2013, at 7:58 AM, "Marco" <iw2ohx@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > last time that I played with BPQ was in 1995 (probably!).
        > It is amazing playing with it again.
        >
        > I'm testing the LinBPQ in my linuxbox.
        >
        > What is the correct syntax to define an AXIP port in LinBPQ ?
        >
        > I tried with:
        >
        > PORT
        > PORTNUM=3
        > ID=AXIP Link
        > TYPE=EXTERNAL
        > DRIVER=AXIP
        >
        > with no success. Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive or in the documentation.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Marco
        > iw2ohx
        > www.iw2ohx.net

      • Harold Kinchelow
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013

          On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Matt VK2RQ <matt.vk2rq@...> wrote:

          Here's how I set up the AXUDP port on my LinBPQ node:

          PORT
          PORTNUM=1 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated

          ID=AXUDP ; Defines the Loopback port   <<<< Dont be confused by this  explination.  This is not a Loopback port Marco
          TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Loopback is an internal type  <<<< Dont be confused by this explination.  This is not a Loopback port Marco

          DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
          QUALITY=250
          MAXFRAME=1 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
          FRACK=10000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
          RESPTIME=3000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
          RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
          PACLEN=253 ;
          MINQUAL=100
          UNPROTO=FBB ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR
          BCALL=VK2ACL-1

          CONFIG
          UDP 10092
          MHEARD
          BROADCAST NODES
          MAP VK2RQ-1 192.168.1.67 UDP 10093 B
          AUTOADDMAP
          ENDPORT

          73, Matt VK2RQ/VK2ACL

          On 10/04/2013, at 7:58 AM, "Marco" <iw2ohx@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          >
          > last time that I played with BPQ was in 1995 (probably!).
          > It is amazing playing with it again.
          >
          > I'm testing the LinBPQ in my linuxbox.
          >
          > What is the correct syntax to define an AXIP port in LinBPQ ?
          >
          > I tried with:
          >
          > PORT
          > PORTNUM=3
          > ID=AXIP Link
          > TYPE=EXTERNAL
          > DRIVER=AXIP
          >
          > with no success. Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive or in the documentation.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Marco
          > iw2ohx
          > www.iw2ohx.net

        • Matt VK2RQ
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
            Sorry, when I built my config file I did some cutting and pasting, and I should have edited out those misleading comments.

            73, Matt VK2RQ.

            On 10/04/2013, at 1:52 PM, Harold Kinchelow <k7ilo1@...> wrote:

            > On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 3:19 PM, Matt VK2RQ <matt.vk2rq@...> wrote:
            >
            > Here's how I set up the AXUDP port on my LinBPQ node:
            >
            > PORT
            > PORTNUM=1 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated
            >

            > ID=AXUDP ; Defines the Loopback port <<<< Dont be confused by this explination. This is not a Loopback port Marco
            > TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Loopback is an internal type <<<< Dont be confused by this explination. This is not a Loopback port Marco
            >

            > DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
            > QUALITY=250
            > MAXFRAME=1 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
            > FRACK=10000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
            > RESPTIME=3000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
            > RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
            > PACLEN=253 ;
            > MINQUAL=100
            > UNPROTO=FBB ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR
            > BCALL=VK2ACL-1
            >
            > CONFIG
            > UDP 10092
            > MHEARD
            > BROADCAST NODES
            > MAP VK2RQ-1 192.168.1.67 UDP 10093 B
            > AUTOADDMAP
            > ENDPORT
            >
            > 73, Matt VK2RQ/VK2ACL
            >

            > On 10/04/2013, at 7:58 AM, "Marco" <iw2ohx@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Hi all,
            > >
            > > last time that I played with BPQ was in 1995 (probably!).
            > > It is amazing playing with it again.
            > >
            > > I'm testing the LinBPQ in my linuxbox.
            > >
            > > What is the correct syntax to define an AXIP port in LinBPQ ?
            > >
            > > I tried with:
            > >
            > > PORT
            > > PORTNUM=3
            > > ID=AXIP Link
            > > TYPE=EXTERNAL
            > > DRIVER=AXIP
            > >
            > > with no success. Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive or in the documentation.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Marco
            > > iw2ohx
            > > www.iw2ohx.net

          • Harold Kinchelow
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013

              No biggy.  Just didn't want him to get confused.  That's all.

              Harold
              K7ILO

              Sent from a smartphone.  Owner makes typo's for sure.

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  BPQ32-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  BPQ32-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • Marco Di Martino (IW2OHX)
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
                Hi,

                thanks to all.

                I've to say: it's documented.

                But I was confused for this entry: DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
                It seems to be something related to WIN and I did not
                try it inside linbpq config.

                Marco
                iw2ohx

              • Matt VK2RQ
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
                  This tells LinBPQ what type of port this is, and what sort of driver should be used. Of course, in the case of LinBPQ, the drivers are all statically linked into the executable, so it doesn't need to go looking for an actual DLL file, but I can understand the source of confusion.

                  73, Matt VK2RQ

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 10, 2013
                    Marco,

                    There have been a few changes make to make the config file more logical. You can use

                    DRIVER=BPQAXIP
                    or
                    DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL

                    Also for Serial Ports, you can use either IOADDR or COMPORT to specifiy a port number. IOPORT Is in hex, COMPORT in Decimal. So you COM10 you could have

                    IOADDR=A
                    or
                    COMPORT=10.

                    For LinBPQ, you can also specify a serial device name, eg

                    COMPORT=/dev/ttyUSB0.

                    VK2RQ <matt.vk2rq@...> wrote:

                    > > > Here's how I set up the AXUDP port on
                    my LinBPQ node:

                    > > > PORT

                    PORTNUM=1 ; Optonal but sets port number if stated

                    > > > ID=AXUDP ; Defines the Loopback port
                    <<<< Dont be confused by this
                    > > explination. This is not
                    a Loopback port Marco
                    > > > TYPE=EXTERNAL ; Loopback is an internal
                    type <<<< Dont be confused by
                    > > this explination. This is
                    not a Loopback port Marco

                    DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
                    > > > QUALITY=250
                    > > > MAXFRAME=1 ;
                    Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
                    > > > FRACK=10000 ; Level 2 timout
                    in milliseconds
                    > > > RESPTIME=3000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in
                    milliseconds
                    > > > RETRIES=10 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
                    > > > PACLEN=253 ;
                    > > > MINQUAL=100

                    UNPROTO=FBB ; DEFAULT UNPROTO ADDR
                    > > > BCALL=VK2ACL-1
                    > > >
                    > > > CONFIG
                    > > > UDP 10092

                    MHEARD
                    > > > BROADCAST NODES
                    > > > MAP VK2RQ-1
                    192.168.1.67 UDP 10093 B
                    > > > AUTOADDMAP

                    ENDPORT

                    7:58 AM, "Marco" <iw2ohx@...> wrote:

                    Sorry, but I can't find anything in the mail archive
                    > > or in the
                    documentation.

                    www.iw2ohx.net

                    > > Yahoo! Groups