RE: [BPQ32] USB serial adapters?

  • David Calder
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2008
      Huh, funny. Mine work well. PK900 in extended to use both ports at the same time.

      73 Dave
      n4zkf

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 13, 2008

        Yes I know folks that they work well for and others that not.

        Maybe there was a bad production run?

        Who knows the rule of thumb here is once bitten twice shy!

        Jim

        Quoting David Calder :

        Huh, funny. Mine work well. PK900 in extended to use both ports at the same time.

        73 Dave
        n4zkf

        I use 3 of the Hawking units (amazon.com) and they are flawless I had a belkin
        unit and it became a trashcan liner! Might work ok in int driven service but
        for extended host mode it was useless.

        Jim wu3v

        Quoting Jeff <wa4zko@yahoo. com>:

        > Anyone used the USB to serial port adapters with BPQ32? Solid or quirky?
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > 73
        > Jeff
        > WA4ZKO

      • David Calder
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2008
                      I hear you. What OS are you running them on? This is not the first time I
                      was told people had problems with Belkin. I'd like to know why they work
                      for some and not others.

                      The two I bought, were bought 1 year apart also. But that doesn't mean much
                      they look identical.'

                      Dave

          I use 3 of the Hawking units (amazon.com) and they are flawless I had a belkin
          unit and it became a trashcan liner! Might work ok in int driven service but
          for extended host mode it was useless.

          Jim wu3v

          Quoting Jeff <wa4zko@yahoo. com>:

          > Anyone used the USB to serial port adapters with BPQ32? Solid or quirky?
          >
          > Thanks in advance.
          >
          > 73
          > Jeff
          > WA4ZKO