Re: [BPQ32] USB serial adapters?

  • james@wu3v.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 13, 2008
      I use 3 of the Hawking units (amazon.com) and they are flawless I had a belkin
      unit and it became a trashcan liner! Might work ok in int driven service but
      for extended host mode it was useless.

      Jim wu3v

      Quoting Jeff <wa4zko@...>:

      > Anyone used the USB to serial port adapters with BPQ32? Solid or quirky?
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > 73
      > Jeff
      > WA4ZKO

    • David Calder
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 13, 2008
        Huh, funny. Mine work well. PK900 in extended to use both ports at the same time.

        73 Dave
        n4zkf

      • james@wu3v.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2008

          Yes I know folks that they work well for and others that not.

          Maybe there was a bad production run?

          Who knows the rule of thumb here is once bitten twice shy!

          Jim

          Quoting David Calder :

          Huh, funny. Mine work well. PK900 in extended to use both ports at the same time.

          73 Dave
          n4zkf

          I use 3 of the Hawking units (amazon.com) and they are flawless I had a belkin
          unit and it became a trashcan liner! Might work ok in int driven service but
          for extended host mode it was useless.

          Jim wu3v

          Quoting Jeff <wa4zko@yahoo. com>:

          > Anyone used the USB to serial port adapters with BPQ32? Solid or quirky?
          >
          > Thanks in advance.
          >
          > 73
          > Jeff
          > WA4ZKO

        • David Calder
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 13, 2008
                        I hear you. What OS are you running them on? This is not the first time I
                        was told people had problems with Belkin. I'd like to know why they work
                        for some and not others.

                        The two I bought, were bought 1 year apart also. But that doesn't mean much
                        they look identical.'

                        Dave

            I use 3 of the Hawking units (amazon.com) and they are flawless I had a belkin
            unit and it became a trashcan liner! Might work ok in int driven service but
            for extended host mode it was useless.

            Jim wu3v

            Quoting Jeff <wa4zko@yahoo. com>:

            > Anyone used the USB to serial port adapters with BPQ32? Solid or quirky?
            >
            > Thanks in advance.
            >
            > 73
            > Jeff
            > WA4ZKO