RE: [BPQ32] beacon

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2013

      Funny, I was thinking of the same thing yesterday !!!

      It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port using LinBPQ ..

      73, Dick ZS6RO

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Is it posable to send out a differnt beacon on every port i have tryed the beacon utility but it only send it once or when you pick test
      cheers jim

    • James Mcdowall
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013
        well the beacon utility worked for a while then stopped now mine only sends i beacon and no more try it it may work for you
        cheers jim

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <yahoolist@...> wrote:

        > Funny, I was thinking of the same thing yesterday !!!
        >

        > It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port using LinBPQ ..
        >

        > 73, Dick ZS6RO
        >

        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      • James Mcdowall
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013
          hi all
          I have been looking at the beacon utility and added the same beacon i want to go ut on 20m (14.105)
          what is happening is it is sending on port 1,2,7
          but not on ports 3,20,10
          i cannot see the reason can you have a look for me and see if you can suzzz it i have added the beacon lies i show and my port cfg below
          G7ICD-7>UI Port=1 <UI C>:
          Network 105 G7ICD-7 Node RUNC PMS G7ICD-1 Runcorn Cheshire UK IO83PH

          G7ICD-7>UI Port=7 <UI C>:
          Network 105 G7ICD-7 Node RUNC PMS G7ICD-1 Runcorn Cheshire UK IO83PH

          PORT CFG

          PORT
          PORTNUM=1
          ID=VHF 144.950
          TYPE=EXTERNAL
          DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL
          IOADDR=1F41
          CHANNEL=A
          QUALITY=0
          MINQUAL=168
          MAXFRAME=2
          FRACK=5000
          RESPTIME=1000
          RETRIES=15
          PACLEN=236
          BTINTERVAL=10
          ENDPORT
          ;
          PORT
          PORTNUM=2
          ID=UHF 432.675
          TYPE=EXTERNAL
          DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL
          IOADDR=1F41
          CHANNEL=B
          QUALITY=0
          MINQUAL=168
          MAXFRAME=2
          FRACK=5000
          RESPTIME=1000
          RETRIES=15
          PACLEN=236
          BTINTERVAL=10
          ENDPORT
          ;
          ;
          PORT
          PORTNUM=20
          ID=HF NETWORK 105 14.105
          TYPE=EXTERNAL
          DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL
          IOADDR=1F41
          CHANNEL=C
          QUALITY=0
          MINQUAL=168
          MAXFRAME=2
          FRACK=5000
          RESPTIME=1000
          RETRIES=15
          PACLEN=60
          ENDPORT
          ;
          PORT
          PORTNUM=7
          ID=UHF 433.650
          TYPE=EXTERNAL
          DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL
          IOADDR=1F41
          CHANNEL=D
          QUALITY=0
          MINQUAL=168
          MAXFRAME=5
          FRACK=5000
          RESPTIME=1000
          RETRIES=15
          PACLEN=236
          ENDPORT
          ;
          ;
          PORT
          PORTNUM=10
          ID=HF 29.250
          TYPE=EXTERNAL
          DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL
          IOADDR=1F41
          CHANNEL=E
          QUALITY=0
          MINQUAL=168
          MAXFRAME=5
          FRACK=5000
          RESPTIME=1000
          RETRIES=15
          PACLEN=150
          ENDPORT
          ;
          Cheers jim de g7icd

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "James Mcdowall" <james.mcdowall4@...> wrote:

          > well the beacon utility worked for a while then stopped now mine only sends i beacon and no more try it it may work for you
          > cheers jim
          >

          > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <yahoolist@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Funny, I was thinking of the same thing yesterday !!!
          > >

          > > It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port using LinBPQ ..
          > >

          > > 73, Dick ZS6RO
          > >

          > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013
            Jim

            I just tested the UIUTIL here, Send from File not checked on ether port, set

            Send Beacon Every XX Minutes To CQ, had different Beacon phrases in window,
            Save one port at a time, monitored both ports, using test button for each
            port
            The Beacon was correct as entered, send beacon every 10 and monitored both
            ports

            Everything worked correctly.

            Note This is windows version of BPQ32 version 6

            Mike N9PMO
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013
              Jim

              Remember the UIRoutine must be running, you can minimize if you like.

              Mike N9PMO
              well the beacon utility worked for a while then stopped now mine only sends
              i beacon and no more try it it may work for you
              cheers jim

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <yahoolist@...> wrote:

              > Funny, I was thinking of the same thing yesterday !!!
              >

              > It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port using LinBPQ ..
              >

              > 73, Dick ZS6RO
              >

              > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            • James Mcdowall
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 30, 2013
                its version 5291 bpq32.dll and utility 0.1.1.0
                what i have noticed is say in my ports list it says port 20=hf 14.105
                in the utility program it says telnet on all the ports that are not working strange ? but they do work if you click the test button

                cheers jim

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2013
                  Try installing the latest version.There were some changes to UiUtil.

                  73, John

                  its version 5291 bpq32.dll and utility 0.1.1.0
                  what i have noticed is say in my ports list it says port 20=hf 14.105
                  in the utility program it says telnet on all the ports that are not working strange ? but they do work if you click the test button

                  cheers jim

                  > Jim
                  >
                  > Remember the
                  UIRoutine must be running, you can minimize if you like.

                  > Mike
                  N9PMO

                  To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                  href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <yahoolist@> wrote:

                  > > Funny, I was thinking of the
                  same thing yesterday !!!

                  It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port using LinBPQ ..

                  > > 73, Dick ZS6RO
                  > >

                  > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                • James Mcdowall
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2013
                    i have just installed it the chat mail and node work ok
                    but the uiutil has now gone loopy lol it wont tx on all but one port
                    port 8 and when it does its tx in fact on port 10 of node there must be a corroupt file on my pc its getting its info from do you know what file it reads ?

                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 2, 2013
                      UiUtil gets if's port list from the Node, which gets it from bpq32.cfg. The paths and beacons are stored in the registry.

                      Note the UiUtil defines ports in the order they appear in bpq32.cfg - it does not use the number from the PORTNUM field. It creates a tab on the config screen for each port that is capable of sending UI messages, and lables then with the ID from the port config.

                      John

                      i have just installed it the chat mail and node work ok
                      but the uiutil has now gone loopy lol it wont tx on all but one port
                      port 8 and when it does its tx in fact on port 10 of node there must be a corroupt file on my pc its getting its info from do you know what file it reads ?
                      cheers jim

                      > Try installing the
                      latest version.There were some changes to UiUtil.

                      [BPQ32] Re: beacon

                      href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mike"

                      Message-----
                      > > From:
                      > [mailto:
                      > Of
                      > > James
                      Mcdowall
                      > > Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 4:55 AM
                      > > To:
                      > > Subject: [BPQ32] Re:
                      beacon

                      wrote:

                      > > > Funny, I was thinking of the same
                      thing yesterday !!!

                      > > > It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port
                      using LinBPQ ..

                      > > > 73, Dick ZS6RO
                      > > >

                      > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      > > >

                      > > > From:
                      > [mailto:
                      > Of

                      James Mcdowall
                      > > > Sent: 28 March 2013 17:58
                      > > > To:
                      BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                      > > > Subject: [BPQ32]
                      beacon

                      > > > Is it posable to send out a differnt
                      beacon on every port i have tryed
                      > the
                      > > > beacon utility
                      but it only send it once or when you pick test
                      > > > cheers
                      jim