beacon

  • James Mcdowall
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 28, 2013
      Is it posable to send out a differnt beacon on every port i have tryed the beacon utility but it only send it once or when you pick test
      cheers jim
    • Richard
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 28, 2013

        Funny, I was thinking of the same thing yesterday !!!

        It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port using LinBPQ ..

        73, Dick ZS6RO

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013
          well the beacon utility worked for a while then stopped now mine only sends i beacon and no more try it it may work for you
          cheers jim

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <yahoolist@...> wrote:

          > Funny, I was thinking of the same thing yesterday !!!
          >

          > It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port using LinBPQ ..
          >

          > 73, Dick ZS6RO
          >

          > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        • James Mcdowall
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013
            hi all
            I have been looking at the beacon utility and added the same beacon i want to go ut on 20m (14.105)
            what is happening is it is sending on port 1,2,7
            but not on ports 3,20,10
            i cannot see the reason can you have a look for me and see if you can suzzz it i have added the beacon lies i show and my port cfg below
            G7ICD-7>UI Port=1 <UI C>:
            Network 105 G7ICD-7 Node RUNC PMS G7ICD-1 Runcorn Cheshire UK IO83PH

            G7ICD-7>UI Port=7 <UI C>:
            Network 105 G7ICD-7 Node RUNC PMS G7ICD-1 Runcorn Cheshire UK IO83PH

            PORT CFG

            PORT
            PORTNUM=1
            ID=VHF 144.950
            TYPE=EXTERNAL
            DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL
            IOADDR=1F41
            CHANNEL=A
            QUALITY=0
            MINQUAL=168
            MAXFRAME=2
            FRACK=5000
            RESPTIME=1000
            RETRIES=15
            PACLEN=236
            BTINTERVAL=10
            ENDPORT
            ;
            PORT
            PORTNUM=2
            ID=UHF 432.675
            TYPE=EXTERNAL
            DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL
            IOADDR=1F41
            CHANNEL=B
            QUALITY=0
            MINQUAL=168
            MAXFRAME=2
            FRACK=5000
            RESPTIME=1000
            RETRIES=15
            PACLEN=236
            BTINTERVAL=10
            ENDPORT
            ;
            ;
            PORT
            PORTNUM=20
            ID=HF NETWORK 105 14.105
            TYPE=EXTERNAL
            DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL
            IOADDR=1F41
            CHANNEL=C
            QUALITY=0
            MINQUAL=168
            MAXFRAME=2
            FRACK=5000
            RESPTIME=1000
            RETRIES=15
            PACLEN=60
            ENDPORT
            ;
            PORT
            PORTNUM=7
            ID=UHF 433.650
            TYPE=EXTERNAL
            DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL
            IOADDR=1F41
            CHANNEL=D
            QUALITY=0
            MINQUAL=168
            MAXFRAME=5
            FRACK=5000
            RESPTIME=1000
            RETRIES=15
            PACLEN=236
            ENDPORT
            ;
            ;
            PORT
            PORTNUM=10
            ID=HF 29.250
            TYPE=EXTERNAL
            DLLNAME=BPQtoAGW.DLL
            IOADDR=1F41
            CHANNEL=E
            QUALITY=0
            MINQUAL=168
            MAXFRAME=5
            FRACK=5000
            RESPTIME=1000
            RETRIES=15
            PACLEN=150
            ENDPORT
            ;
            Cheers jim de g7icd

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "James Mcdowall" <james.mcdowall4@...> wrote:

            > well the beacon utility worked for a while then stopped now mine only sends i beacon and no more try it it may work for you
            > cheers jim
            >

            > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <yahoolist@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Funny, I was thinking of the same thing yesterday !!!
            > >

            > > It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port using LinBPQ ..
            > >

            > > 73, Dick ZS6RO
            > >

            > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013
              Jim

              I just tested the UIUTIL here, Send from File not checked on ether port, set

              Send Beacon Every XX Minutes To CQ, had different Beacon phrases in window,
              Save one port at a time, monitored both ports, using test button for each
              port
              The Beacon was correct as entered, send beacon every 10 and monitored both
              ports

              Everything worked correctly.

              Note This is windows version of BPQ32 version 6

              Mike N9PMO
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 29, 2013
                Jim

                Remember the UIRoutine must be running, you can minimize if you like.

                Mike N9PMO
                well the beacon utility worked for a while then stopped now mine only sends
                i beacon and no more try it it may work for you
                cheers jim

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <yahoolist@...> wrote:

                > Funny, I was thinking of the same thing yesterday !!!
                >

                > It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port using LinBPQ ..
                >

                > 73, Dick ZS6RO
                >

                > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              • James Mcdowall
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 30, 2013
                  its version 5291 bpq32.dll and utility 0.1.1.0
                  what i have noticed is say in my ports list it says port 20=hf 14.105
                  in the utility program it says telnet on all the ports that are not working strange ? but they do work if you click the test button

                  cheers jim

                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 2, 2013
                    Try installing the latest version.There were some changes to UiUtil.

                    73, John

                    its version 5291 bpq32.dll and utility 0.1.1.0
                    what i have noticed is say in my ports list it says port 20=hf 14.105
                    in the utility program it says telnet on all the ports that are not working strange ? but they do work if you click the test button

                    cheers jim

                    > Jim
                    >
                    > Remember the
                    UIRoutine must be running, you can minimize if you like.

                    > Mike
                    N9PMO

                    To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                    href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <yahoolist@> wrote:

                    > > Funny, I was thinking of the
                    same thing yesterday !!!

                    It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port using LinBPQ ..

                    > > 73, Dick ZS6RO
                    > >

                    > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  • James Mcdowall
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 2, 2013
                      i have just installed it the chat mail and node work ok
                      but the uiutil has now gone loopy lol it wont tx on all but one port
                      port 8 and when it does its tx in fact on port 10 of node there must be a corroupt file on my pc its getting its info from do you know what file it reads ?

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 2, 2013
                        UiUtil gets if's port list from the Node, which gets it from bpq32.cfg. The paths and beacons are stored in the registry.

                        Note the UiUtil defines ports in the order they appear in bpq32.cfg - it does not use the number from the PORTNUM field. It creates a tab on the config screen for each port that is capable of sending UI messages, and lables then with the ID from the port config.

                        John

                        i have just installed it the chat mail and node work ok
                        but the uiutil has now gone loopy lol it wont tx on all but one port
                        port 8 and when it does its tx in fact on port 10 of node there must be a corroupt file on my pc its getting its info from do you know what file it reads ?
                        cheers jim

                        > Try installing the
                        latest version.There were some changes to UiUtil.

                        [BPQ32] Re: beacon

                        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com> , "Mike"

                        Message-----
                        > > From:
                        > [mailto:
                        > Of
                        > > James
                        Mcdowall
                        > > Sent: Friday, March 29, 2013 4:55 AM
                        > > To:
                        > > Subject: [BPQ32] Re:
                        beacon

                        wrote:

                        > > > Funny, I was thinking of the same
                        thing yesterday !!!

                        > > > It would be nice to have a different beacon on each port
                        using LinBPQ ..

                        > > > 73, Dick ZS6RO
                        > > >

                        > > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        > > >

                        > > > From:
                        > [mailto:
                        > Of

                        James Mcdowall
                        > > > Sent: 28 March 2013 17:58
                        > > > To:
                        BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>
                        > > > Subject: [BPQ32]
                        beacon

                        > > > Is it posable to send out a differnt
                        beacon on every port i have tryed
                        > the
                        > > > beacon utility
                        but it only send it once or when you pick test
                        > > > cheers
                        jim