CHAT under 6.0.1.1

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 27, 2013
      I must have been absent the day we covered how the new CHAT
      worked. I have downloaded the 6.0.1.1 and everything seems to
      be working OK (I use Windows) but if I am in the node and
      type CHAT it tells me all my CHAT ports are in use. Not hardly...
      I'm not using any. The CHAT configuration seems to be gone.

      Where can I find some discussion about how the new CHAT works
      and what I need to do to get it running?

      Thanks.
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 27, 2013
        Mark

        The chatconfig.cfg if you used the default setting when running the
        installer
        Will be in the All Programs, BPQ32, View Configuration folder, when I
        installed
        Version 6 on another machine I tried using the chatconfiguration.cfg whit no
        luck,
        I had to manually set the chat appl number, streams, users Alias:call and
        welcome message.

        This is all done by starting the Chat server, configuration, enter the
        information,
        Save, welcome message, Save close restart BPQ Chat, this will create a new
        chat config file.

        The information is also stored in the registry
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\G8BPQ\BPQ32\Chat\Server 1

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 27, 2013
          Thanks for the info, Mike.  I did all that and now have a chatconfig file which I edited, but the CHAT still doesn't work.  When I start the program in the node,
          and type CHAT...it says all the CHAT ports are busy.  They aren't.  CHAT doesn't show up in the stream window.  Before long I get an entry in the Terminal window
          from one of the CHATNODES " RTL"  and then my bbs is blocked.

          So, for now...CHAT is no use to me.  I'll run without it.  Maybe someone will come up with q question and it will light a bulb for me.

          Mark

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 27, 2013
            Mark

            I just checked your node, your nodes table is flooded,
            Known Nodes/Max Nodes are 160/160 this more then likely why you
            Are receiving the message and will stop connections to applications,

            In your bpq32.cfg global section (before the ports section) increase
            You're MAXNODES= try 250.

            Let me know if this solves the problem..

            Mike N9PMO

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 3, 2013
              I've found a problem with the i2c driver in the pi version of LinBPQ. This should fix it

              73, John G8BPQ

            • james
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 5, 2013
                John I installed a edimax wireless module with wicd and wicd.curses. Works well it was about 12USD from Amazon not bad.

                Jim

                Please excuse any typo's that my iPhone has generated.