Problem With NET/ROM over AGWtoBPQ

  • Seth O
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 26, 2013
      Hello,

      I think there may be a problem with the code in the updated BPQ32 Version 6.0.1.1

      I am running BPQ32 with AR Cluster and am using AGWtoBPQ in order to allow connects to AR Cluster. All was working fine until the upgrade from 5.2.9.1 to 6.0.1.1

      Now when a user connects originating from a NET/ROM node in the area, the node call is registered at the connecting user, rather than the actual callsign requesting connection.

      Example: Station K4RIT connects to Node KE4IYH-4. Station K4RIT then sends C KF4LLF-8 (Cluster call) and receives the following message:

      CLTNE:KE4IYH-4} Connected to RKYDX:KF4LLF-8
      Hello Stephen (KE4IYH-4)
      Welcome to the KF4LLF-8 AR-Cluster in Concord, North Carolina

      Notice the call recognized by the cluster was the NODE CALL!
      This pattern occurs when attempted through 3 other NET/ROM nodes as well with the node registering as the connected call.

      Any investigation would be greatly appreciated.
      I have reinstalled version 5.2.9.1 and all is working fine again until further notice.

      Regards,
      Seth
      KF4LLF
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
        Ok, Seth,

        I'll investigate.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2013
          I've found the problem. This should fix it.

          While testing I found that AGWtoBPQ could crash if it receives an INP3 frame. The fix is here.

          Anyone using AGWtoBPQ.exe should upgrade.

          73, John