NO CONNECTION ON RF PORT 1

  • KU4GW Cliff
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26 11:37 AM
      I just upgraded to BPQ32 version 6.0.1.1 and cannot get my RF port 1 to work. It had been working fine and would run sometimes as long as 2 days and then just stop working. I attributed that to the Prolific cable and drivers because when I first got my Windows 7 64-bit PC I wound up having to buy a FTDI chipset cable to get Ham Radio Deluxe to work on my HF rig again. It would run a while and then just stop communicating. Well, last night I took the FTDI cable off the HF rig and put it on the MFJ-1270B TNC that is connected to my VHF radio and installed the comport and drivers and it's still doing the same thing with the FTDI cable! I'm about sick of fooling with it and may be getting back out of the packet node business if I don't resolve the issue before much longer. When I checked Device Manager it says all ports are working fine and when I start the BPQ32 software is shows all ports are working in the initalisation window.I ran the debugview program and below is what it logged as I was trying different commands on RF port 1. It shows the connection packets being sent in the Traffic window, but the TNC never keys the VHF radio nor does the CON light on the TNC ever show it transmitting. I can see the traffic on the TNC's DCD/Receive light flickering or lighting up solid when a nearby node transmits.

      00000001 1:17:26 PM [3420] BPQ32 Heartbeat Buffers 708 APRS Queues 0 0
      00000002 1:18:26 PM [3420] BPQ32 Heartbeat Buffers 708 APRS Queues 0 0
      00000003 1:19:26 PM [3420] BPQ32 Heartbeat Buffers 707 APRS Queues 0 0
      00000004 1:20:26 PM [3420] BPQ32 Heartbeat Buffers 708 APRS Queues 0 0
      00000005 1:21:26 PM [3420] BPQ32 Heartbeat Buffers 708 APRS Queues 0 0
      00000006 1:22:25 PM [3420] BPQ32 Heartbeat Buffers 708 APRS Queues 0 0
      00000007 1:23:26 PM [3420] BPQ32 Heartbeat Buffers 708 APRS Queues 0 0
      00000008 1:24:26 PM [3420] BPQ32 Heartbeat Buffers 708 APRS Queues 0 0

      If anyone can tell me how to fix this I sure would appreciate it! I'm about to the end of my rope with all the hours I've spent trying to get it working. Maybe the TNC itself is torn up. Thanks in advance!

      Very 73,
      Cliff - KU4GW
    • KU4GW Cliff
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 28 9:42 AM
        Thanks for all the replies! Just kidding, I never received a single one! Well, anyway, KF4LLF Seth found my problem and fixed it! Somehow during the update to BPQ32 version 6.0.1.1 and updating the drivers to the Prolific comport cable, and I still don't know how it happened, the TNC had gotten KISS Mode turned off. Seth went through Outpost Packet Message Manager and turned it back on and all is working well now.

        Very 73,
        Cliff - KU4GW
        BRTMTN Node Sysop