Invalid argument

  • Boy
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25 6:56 PM
      Whats this Invalid argument mean
      updated to Version 6.0.1.4
      ken g7vja
      gb7cow-3

      Initialising Port 01 AXIP
      Initialising Port 02 ASYNC COM1 Chan A
      Initialising Port 03 Telnet Server
      APRS Digi/Gateway Enabled
      Starting Chat
      Config File is /home/linbpq/chatconfig.cfg
      Chat Started
      Starting Mail
      Config File is /home/linbpq/linmail.cfg
      Config Processed
      Mail Started
      Sendto: Invalid argument
      Sendto: Invalid argument
      Sendto: Invalid argument
      Sendto: Invalid argument
      Sendto: Invalid argument
      Sendto: Invalid argument
      Sendto: Invalid argument
    • Dennis Nelson
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 25 10:32 PM
        You may want to check your forwarding links, it sound like(though I could be wrong) that there's something in the mail config. Typo probably.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 26 2:05 AM
          This means one of the parameters to a sendto() system call is invalid. Sendto is used to send UDP datagrams, and the only place in the cde where an error is reported is the AXIP module. So I suggest you check your AXIP configuration, and that addresses are being resolved. The axr command will display the resolver table.

          John

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 26 3:48 AM

            I get the same error messages as Ken does …

            I rem’ed out my MAP lines where there was a host address and left the MAP lines where there was an ip-address … The error message(s) did not show up ..

            This suggests that when LinBPQ starts up, it hasn’t resolved the host addresses yet and issues an error message(s) .

            John, can’t whatever check is done at the time when an error message is issued be delayed so that LinBPQ can get its ducks in a row, then once the resolving is completed, carry on ???

            73, Dick ZS6RO