RE: [BPQ32] Re: Last Installer

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 25, 2013

      Ok Cool.. I was looking in files… Thanks J 73

      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 25, 2013
        I noticed that when listing Bulletins using Outpost PMM, the bbs lists
        ALL bulletins of the type requested.
        Is there a command to only list new bulletins?
        Listing all bulletins when using Telnet is no problem but over the air
        it is really bad news.
        Thanks and 73
        Dave
        WB2HVF/AFA2HV
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
          Dave

          The L and LR commands only list new messages. Any other list options list all messages of the requested type. I guess I could add an option to the list command if there is a way to get Outpost to use it.

          73, John

          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
            Outpost does have the option to customize commands.
            I would replace the LB with what ever you decide to use for listing new bulletins.
            Just a thought.
            Thanks and 73
            Dave

            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
              John, there is a way to get Outpost to use the command. Would be a great idea!

              K.O.

              --

              K.O. Higgs
              n0kfq@...

            • K.O. Higgs
              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                John, adding something like "LN>" should be easy to handle in Outpost.

                K.O.

                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                  I am not sure the problem is with the general listing of bulls. You can change the prompt for listing bulls in the BBS setup of Outpost. However, you you setup Outpost to retrieve a specific bull....such as EQUAKE....Outpost send the L> EQUAKE command, and that prompt is NOT user adjustable. I see Outpost listing the entire category EQUAKE when retrieving a specific topic....even if it has already downloaded them.

                  So not sure a new command is needed, per se.....

                  Ken

                Message 8 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                  Ken
                  Listing all bulletins, even if it's just one category, wastes air time on HF when just listing new bulletins is all that is needed. Not to mention the unnecessary heating of the finals of both the user's rig and the sysops's rig.

                  73
                  Dave
                  WB2HVF

                  Message 9 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                    Yes, but I think what Ken is saying is that a new BPQMail command won't help, as Outpost can't be configured to send it.

                    John

                    Message 10 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                      But, Ken is wrong. The Outpost command is configurable. You can change Outpost's
                      "L>" command to "LN>".

                      K.O.

                        Message 12 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                          In that case I'll change it.

                          John

                          Message 13 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                            Thanks, John..

                            K.O.
                            On 3/26/2013 12:19 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

                            In that case I'll change it.

                            John