RE: [BPQ32] Last Installer

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 25, 2013

      Hi Mike.> Yes… ok thanks… 73 jerry

      From: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mike
      Sent: Monday, March 25, 2013 2:11 PM
      To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Last Installer

      Jerry

      If you are talking about the previous version of BPQ32 Windows, it is on my
      web site

      http://n9pmo.dyndns.org/web/Software%20Downloads_files/BPQ32_5.2.9.1_2012092
      5.exe

      Mike N9PMO
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 25, 2013
        Prior BPQ32 installers, going back several years are in the 'Links' section of the BPQ32 Yahoo Group viz:

        Ron, AE5E

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jerome K" <n9lya@...> wrote:

        > I was wanting to DL the last installer for the version prior to 6.0.1.1
        > Can someone post a link I see they are nolonger on here.. I will have about an hour to get my system running tonight and want to be armed with everything I might need... Not sure.. But might.
        >
        > Its going to be Run or not run decision.. Type issue if I take longer then an hour..
        >
        > Thanks 73

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 25, 2013

          Ok Cool.. I was looking in files… Thanks J 73

          Prior BPQ32 installers, going back several years are in the 'Links' section of the BPQ32 Yahoo Group viz:

          Ron, AE5E

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Jerome K" <n9lya@...> wrote:

          > I was wanting to DL the last installer for the version prior to 6.0.1.1
          > Can someone post a link I see they are nolonger on here.. I will have about an hour to get my system running tonight and want to be armed with everything I might need... Not sure.. But might.
          >
          > Its going to be Run or not run decision.. Type issue if I take longer then an hour..
          >
          > Thanks 73

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 25, 2013
            I noticed that when listing Bulletins using Outpost PMM, the bbs lists
            ALL bulletins of the type requested.
            Is there a command to only list new bulletins?
            Listing all bulletins when using Telnet is no problem but over the air
            it is really bad news.
            Thanks and 73
            Dave
            WB2HVF/AFA2HV
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
              Dave

              The L and LR commands only list new messages. Any other list options list all messages of the requested type. I guess I could add an option to the list command if there is a way to get Outpost to use it.

              73, John

              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                Outpost does have the option to customize commands.
                I would replace the LB with what ever you decide to use for listing new bulletins.
                Just a thought.
                Thanks and 73
                Dave

                Message 7 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                  John, there is a way to get Outpost to use the command. Would be a great idea!

                  K.O.

                  --

                  K.O. Higgs
                  n0kfq@...

                • K.O. Higgs
                  Message 8 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                    John, adding something like "LN>" should be easy to handle in Outpost.

                    K.O.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                      I am not sure the problem is with the general listing of bulls. You can change the prompt for listing bulls in the BBS setup of Outpost. However, you you setup Outpost to retrieve a specific bull....such as EQUAKE....Outpost send the L> EQUAKE command, and that prompt is NOT user adjustable. I see Outpost listing the entire category EQUAKE when retrieving a specific topic....even if it has already downloaded them.

                      So not sure a new command is needed, per se.....

                      Ken

                    Message 10 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                      Ken
                      Listing all bulletins, even if it's just one category, wastes air time on HF when just listing new bulletins is all that is needed. Not to mention the unnecessary heating of the finals of both the user's rig and the sysops's rig.

                      73
                      Dave
                      WB2HVF

                      Message 11 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                        Yes, but I think what Ken is saying is that a new BPQMail command won't help, as Outpost can't be configured to send it.

                        John

                        Message 12 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                          But, Ken is wrong. The Outpost command is configurable. You can change Outpost's
                          "L>" command to "LN>".

                          K.O.

                            Message 14 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                              In that case I'll change it.

                              John

                              Message 15 of 18 , Mar 26, 2013
                                Thanks, John..

                                K.O.
                                On 3/26/2013 12:19 PM, John Wiseman wrote:

                                In that case I'll change it.

                                John