RE: [BPQ32] Re: Drsi cards

  • Enki
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 8, 2008
      Maybe AGW can drive those DRSI cards.

      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Stordahl N5IN" <ron_n5in@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "JAMES BEEMAN" <n8yib@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I have 2 dual port drsi cards in an old 500mhz computer
        > > running win98 when I try to load BPQ32 it can find
        > > HDLC.VXD
        > > to run them but if I run in DOS runs great is there a fix
        > > for this or does BPQ32 not like DRSI cards
        > > Ron N8yIB
        > >

        > This question has come up before and John, G8BPQ, has said that
        BPQ32
        > does not support HDLC cards (of which the DRSI is one example).
        >
        > I know they were convenient, but as ISA cards they are only
        compatible
        > with quite old machines. But obviously such old machines can still
        run
        > W9X....no offense intended to your 'old' computer! HI!
        >
        > Ron, N5IN

        Actually not quite true. I no longer have a machine with ISA bus, so
        can't develop any new support, but I did have DRSI cards working with
        bpq32 on Win98. You need bpqhdlc.vxd, which you should be able to
        find somewhere on the net. I'm away from home at the moment, so can't
        supply it. I can't be certain that changes I've made to the code
        since I last tried DRSI (about 5 years) havn't upset things. They
        definitely won't work with NT/W2k/XP

      • JAMES BEEMAN
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 9, 2008
          Thanks John
          I did a search for bpqhdlc.vxd and did not find it
          what I did find was other messages from people looking for
          it to.
          if anyone has it or can find it would you please send it
          to me.
          thanks Ron N8YIB
          email: n8yib@...

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 19, 2008
            I've uploaded bpqhdlc.vxd. As stated below, this has not been tested
            for quite a while, but did work last time I had a machine with ISA
            slots.

            Good luck, and any reports (positive or negative) would be
            appreciated.

          • ws7i
            Message 5 of 18 , May 31, 2008
              Perhaps this has been answered. I switch used ID's. But its in the
              file area here and has been since April 19th. I have plenty of
              DRSI's laying around. I will attempt to check it out in the near
              future as one of these old boxes has an ISA port I believe.

              > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Stordahl N5IN" <ron_n5in@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "JAMES BEEMAN" <n8yib@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > I have 2 dual port drsi cards in an old 500mhz computer
              > > > running win98 when I try to load BPQ32 it can find
              > > > HDLC.VXD
              > > > to run them but if I run in DOS runs great is there a fix
              > > > for this or does BPQ32 not like DRSI cards
              > > > Ron N8yIB
              > > >

              > > This question has come up before and John, G8BPQ, has said that
              > BPQ32
              > > does not support HDLC cards (of which the DRSI is one example).
              > >
              > > I know they were convenient, but as ISA cards they are only
              > compatible
              > > with quite old machines. But obviously such old machines can
              still
              > run
              > > W9X....no offense intended to your 'old' computer! HI!
              > >
              > > Ron, N5IN
              > >

              > Actually not quite true. I no longer have a machine with ISA bus,
              so
              > can't develop any new support, but I did have DRSI cards working
              with
              > bpq32 on Win98. You need bpqhdlc.vxd, which you should be able to
              > find somewhere on the net. I'm away from home at the moment, so
              can't
              > supply it. I can't be certain that changes I've made to the code
              > since I last tried DRSI (about 5 years) havn't upset things. They
              > definitely won't work with NT/W2k/XP

            • n4zkf
              Message 6 of 18 , Jan 24, 2009
                OK, I thought I would give BPQ32 and DRSI a try again. I can't get it
                to run. (imagine that) I have in the bpqcft.txt file

                TYPE=DRSI
                PROTOCOL=HDLC
                IOADDR=310H
                INTLEVEL=3

                I get an invalid page fault in BPQ32.DLL

                What do I have wrong here?

                Dave n4zkf

                I get an error when trying to bring FBB up in

                Message 7 of 18 , Jan 28, 2009
                  Guess no one had any suggestions. Dave

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jan 28, 2009
                    Probably not!

                    If you are using W2K or above, it will not work.

                    If you are using W98 and have bpqhdlc.vxd installed, then it might. Last time I had a machine with ISA slots it did, but there have been many changes to bpq32 since then that could have upset it. If you are running 98, and send me the details of the page fault, I will try to find what is going wrong, but without a machine to test on in may be difficult.

                    I have almost completed a driver for W2K and above, but until I get hold of an ISA motherboard to test it I can't complete it.

                    73,
                    John G8BPQ

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jan 28, 2009

                      Dave

                      Didn’t you have the DSRI working with BPQ32f?

                      I don’t know if BPQ will like the IOADDR=310H and INTLEVEL=3

                      Maybe try without INTLEVEL (Comment Out)

                      Please make sure to Compile the bpqcfg.txt then BPQ Console Window, Action, Save Nodes, RE-READ BPQCFG.BIN

                      Mike Melnik N9PMO

                      "Ron Stordahl N5IN" <ron_n5in@>

                      "JAMES BEEMAN" <n8yib@> wrote:

                      > > > This question has come up before and John, G8BPQ, has said that
                      > > BPQ32
                      > > > does not support HDLC cards (of which the DRSI is one example).
                      > > >
                      > > > I know they were convenient, but as ISA cards they are only
                      > > compatible
                      > > > with quite old machines. But obviously such old machines can
                      still
                      > > run
                      > > > W9X....no offense intended to your 'old' computer! HI!
                      > > >
                      > > > Ron, N5IN
                      > > >

                      > > Actually not quite true. I no longer have a machine with ISA bus, so
                      > > can't develop any new support, but I did have DRSI cards working with
                      > > bpq32 on Win98. You need bpqhdlc.vxd, which you should be able to
                      > > find somewhere on the net. I'm away from home at the moment, so can't
                      > > supply it. I can't be certain that changes I've made to the code
                      > > since I last tried DRSI (about 5 years) havn't upset things. They
                      > > definitely won't work with NT/W2k/XP
                      > >
                      > > 73,
                      > > John

                    • D.Calder
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jan 28, 2009

                        Win 98. I the vxd installed. As we discussed before, I’ll get you a MB with ISA slots. How much can it be to ship it over there?

                        I have PII boards with ISA that will work fine. I’ll give you one.

                        73 Dave

                        > OK, I thought I would give BPQ32 and DRSI a try again. I can't get it
                        > to run. (imagine that) I have in the bpqcft.txt file
                        >
                        > TYPE=DRSI
                        > PROTOCOL=HDLC
                        > IOADDR=310H
                        > INTLEVEL=3
                        >
                        > I get an invalid page fault in BPQ32.DLL
                        >
                        > What do I have wrong here?
                        >
                        > Dave n4zkf
                        >

                        > I get an error when trying to bring FBB up in

                        > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Stordahl N5IN" <ron_n5in@>
                        > > wrote:

                        > > > This question has come up before and John, G8BPQ, has said that
                        > > BPQ32
                        > > > does not support HDLC cards (of which the DRSI is one example).
                        > > >
                        > > > I know they were convenient, but as ISA cards they are only
                        > > compatible
                        > > > with quite old machines. But obviously such old machines can still
                        > > run
                        > > > W9X....no offense intended to your 'old' computer! HI!
                        > > >
                        > > > Ron, N5IN
                        > > >

                        > > Actually not quite true. I no longer have a machine with ISA bus, so
                        > > can't develop any new support, but I did have DRSI cards working with
                        > > bpq32 on Win98. You need bpqhdlc.vxd, which you should be able to
                        > > find somewhere on the net. I'm away from home at the moment, so can't
                        > > supply it. I can't be certain that changes I've made to the code
                        > > since I last tried DRSI (about 5 years) havn't upset things. They
                        > > definitely won't work with NT/W2k/XP
                        > >
                        > > 73,
                        > > John

                      • D.Calder
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jan 28, 2009

                          Tried that first. But thanks. I always compile after a change.

                          "Ron Stordahl N5IN" <ron_n5in@>
                          > > wrote:
                          > > >
                          > > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com,

                          > > > This question has come up before and John, G8BPQ, has said that
                          > > BPQ32
                          > > > does not support HDLC cards (of which the DRSI is one example).
                          > > >
                          > > > I know they were convenient, but as ISA cards they are only
                          > > compatible
                          > > > with quite old machines. But obviously such old machines can
                          still
                          > > run
                          > > > W9X....no offense intended to your 'old' computer! HI!
                          > > >
                          > > > Ron, N5IN
                          > > >

                          > > Actually not quite true. I no longer have a machine with ISA bus, so
                          > > can't develop any new support, but I did have DRSI cards working with
                          > > bpq32 on Win98. You need bpqhdlc.vxd, which you should be able to
                          > > find somewhere on the net. I'm away from home at the moment, so can't
                          > > supply it. I can't be certain that changes I've made to the code
                          > > since I last tried DRSI (about 5 years) havn't upset things. They
                          > > definitely won't work with NT/W2k/XP
                          > >
                          > > 73,
                          > > John

                        • Danny PD0SNK
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jan 29, 2009
                            Hi John and Group.

                            Nice to hear that you are busy with a driver hopefully it wil also run with the PA0HZP SCC card and others.

                            I went back to bpq409d but my system hangs every time with it.

                            with bpq32 its mutch more stable together with winfbb32 and tnc under win XP.

                            i see that you are getting a mobo with ISA slots :)
                            Well ik i keep monitoring the files section i cant wait to switch back to my scc card with BPQ :)

                            I used xrouter for some time but i  want to get rid of win98 but not the SCC card hi.

                            Ok keep up the good work John !

                            73's Danny PD0SNK/NL2SNE

                            Well
                          • n4zkf
                            Message 13 of 18 , Feb 1, 2009
                              I installed up to BPQ32 4.10C this morning and installed it with
                              WinFBB and it worked well with the DRSI cards! (I'm still sending you
                              an ISA MB John to continue development) I did want you to know it worked.

                              The only problem I had, is with WinFBB. I hadn't run it in awhile (the
                              buggy version) and it would clear out the inf.sys file (user file)
                              when it ran housekeeping. But the DRSI did work with BPQ32!

                              I'll play more later but have to run out now.

                              73 Dave

                              Message 14 of 18 , Feb 1, 2009
                                Thanks, Dave.

                                I'm glad it still works. That should help me track down what is wrong with the latest version.