IC-735 Radio

  • kenheitner
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 25, 2013
      Does BPQ32 provide Rigcontrol for the IC-735?? Other software programs like RMS Trimode and RMS Express control this radio with a separate line for PTT. It is not clear if this radio is included for BPQ32.

      Thank you and 73s, Ken WB4AKK/AFA3PB
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 25, 2013
        I far as I can see from the manual it doesnt have any form of CAT control.

        If you are uing it with WINMOR, BPQ32 can provide PTT via a serial port RTS or DTR.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 26, 2013
          Hello John,
          The rigcontrol is provided to the IC-735 through the CI-V interface
          (Icom CT-17). That is how RMS Trimode, RMS Express, and other software control packages control the radio's frequency. You have to use one serial port to key and the other to drive the CI-V interface. Does that mean your CI-V rigcontrol instructions cover this radio, or is it some special case??
          Please advise and thank you. 73s, Ken

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 26, 2013
            Ken,

            It covered in the instructions:

            If you are using RTS and/or DTR PTT for WINMOR, you can use a
            different COM port for scanning and for PTT. Add PTTCOMn after the
            speed param, eg

            RIGCONTROL COM2 19200 PTTCOM3 ICOM IC706 5e
            ..
            ..
            ****

            73, John