Virtual Com Port for LinBPQ

  • Shawn Bush
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 24, 2013

      I want to connect linbpq to the kernel ax.25 stuff. How might I go ahead with creating a Virtual com port?

    • Matt VK2RQ
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 24, 2013
        I set up an ax25udp port on Linux, which points to an ax25udp port on LinBPQ. If I want BPQ to access the radio (I use soundmodem, no HW TNC) then I bridge the Linux ax25udp ax25 device to the soundmodem ax25 device using rxecho.

        There's more than one way to skin a cat, it depend what you want to do.

        73, Matt VK2RQ

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
          The program socat can be used to create a virtual com port pair. Document https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/InstallingLINBPQ.htm   has a section "Running Spider DX Cluster with LinBPQ" which shows how to use a socat pair to link LinBPQ to the Kernel ax.25/netrom stack.

          73, John

          I want to connect linbpq to the kernel ax.25 stuff. How might I go ahead with creating a Virtual com port?