Re: BPQTermTCP for Android

  • kf4llf@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 23, 2013
      Same for me.
      Cannot launch BPQTerm TCP for Android without force close message. Really would use this app heavily if it worked.

      Seth
      KF4LLF

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013
        Are you downloading from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk ? And which version of Android are you running?

        It seems ok here on Android 2.3

        73, John

        Cannot launch BPQTerm TCP for Android without force close message. Really would use this app heavily if it worked.

        Seth
        KF4LLF

      • Jerry
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013

          John is there any inst on how to setup bpqterm on android

          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013
            John.. I have an Android Icecream.. Loads ok.. Not sure what to do.. There is no menu, and at top it just says input... Yet no keys input anything... Thanks... Been looking at old posts.. Saw similar issues.

            > John is there any inst on how to setup bpqterm on android

          • Richard
            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013

              Also using ‘IceCream Sandwich’ … BPQTermTCP.apk loads fine …

              You must click on left bottom button on mobile, then click on ‘settings’ – should be self-explanatory … then after that, try connecting by again, click on bottom left button, then click on ‘connect’ …

              My problem is, after connecting it freezes then times out and I can then get out of the app ..

              Ended up uninstalling the apk ……………….…

              73, Dick ZS6RO

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013
                It will only work on a machine with a menu button, and I don't have one of the more modern devices without one to develop a soft menu version on.

                73, John

                href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of John
                BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                href="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk">https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk ?

                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013
                  Wee you connecting to FBBPORT on a BPQ Telnet Server?

                  John

                  BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                  > < br>> Are you downloading from
                  href="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk">https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk ?
                  > And which version of Android are you running?
                  >

                  > It seems ok here on Android 2.3
                  >

                  > 73, John
                  >

                  > _____

                • Jerry
                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013

                    HI Richard.. do u mean the left bottom button on the display as that is my return arrow… Will try as soon as batts recharge.. Thanks 73 jerry

                    John.. I have an Android Icecream.. Loads ok.. Not sure what to do.. There is no menu, and at top it just says input... Yet no keys input anything... Thanks... Been looking at old posts.. Saw similar issues.

                    > John is there any inst on how to setup bpqterm on android

                  • Jerry
                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013

                      Ok… maybe if I find one on sale… Ill send you one… 73

                      It will only work on a machine with a menu button, and I don't have one of the more modern devices without one to develop a soft menu version on.

                      73, John

                      John.. I have an Android Icecream.. Loads ok.. Not sure what to do.. There is no menu, and at top it just says input... Yet no keys input anything... Thanks... Been looking at old posts.. Saw similar issues.

                      > John is there any inst on how to setup bpqterm on android

                    • Richard
                      Message 10 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013

                        Depends on the mobile .. I’m using the Samsung Galaxy S2, and my bottom left button will give me an app’s menu .. My bottom right button will take me back one page …

                        73, Dick ZS6RO

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                        HI Richard.. do u mean the left bottom button on the display as that is my return arrow… Will try as soon as batts recharge.. Thanks 73 jerry

                         John.. I have an Android Icecream.. Loads ok.. Not sure what to do.. There is no menu, and at top it just says input... Yet no keys input anything... Thanks... Been looking at old posts.. Saw similar issues.

                        > John is there any inst on how to setup bpqterm on android

                      • Jerry
                        Message 11 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013

                          Ok if you mean a physical button I have mostly none.. Will play with it more when the charge is complete.. Thanks.. 73

                          Message 12 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013
                            Thanks Jerry.

                            My daughter has one - I'll see if I can borrow it for a while!

                            John

                            BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

                            > Are you downloading from
                            href="https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk">https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/BPQTermTCP.apk ?
                            > And which version of Android are you running?
                            > >

                            > It seems ok here on Android 2.3
                            >

                            > 73, John
                            >

                            > _____

                          • Jerry
                            Message 13 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013

                              Hi John… That may be challenging.. lol

                              73 jerry

                              My daughter has one - I'll see if I can borrow it for a while!

                              John

                              Ok… maybe if I find one on sale… Ill send you one… 73

                              It will only work on a machine with a menu button, and I don't have one of the more modern devi ces without one to develop a soft menu version on.

                              73, John

                              John.. I have an Android Icecream.. Loads ok.. Not sure what to do.. There is no menu, and at top it just says input... Ye t no keys input anything... Thanks... Been looking at old posts.. Saw similar issues.

                              > John is there any inst on how to setup bpqterm on android

                            • Richard
                              Message 14 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013

                                John, I tried both – the FBBPORT and the TCPPORT ports – both ‘crash’ or ‘freeze’ the app …

                                73, Dick ZS6RO

                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                              • kf4llf@yahoo.com
                                Message 15 of 15 , Mar 24, 2013
                                  John,

                                  I am running Android version 4.0.3 on the HTC EVO 3D, a phone two years old. I did download from your dropbox site and have since reinstalled the app with no success. It seems to error out on the connect command.

                                  I can launch the app, configure the settings and save, but when I access the menu to connect, it immediately force-closes with a pop-up error.

                                  "Unfortunately BPQTermTCP has stopped."

                                  The only option is to select OK, which closed the app. I can't wait for the day I can use this app! Your work is some of the best I've seen in amateur radio...

                                  Very 73,

                                  Seth
                                  KF4LLF

                                  Sent from my HTC smartphone on the Now Network from Sprint!