Re: BPQTermTCP for Android

  • Shawn Bush
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 22, 2013

      I have used BPQTermTCP in the past on my Droid Bionic and it worked fine but now when ever I hit connect the program crashes.

      73's

    • ZS6RO
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

        John, I am using version 1.5 of BPQTermTCP apk and it works well on an Xiaomi Mi5 Android mobile phone …

        But when I press ‘disconnect’ it displays continuously ‘Disconnected’, line after line – I then press ‘EXIT’ to get out of the program …

        73, Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB.

        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016
          Ok, Dick.

          That is fixed in the latest version, but if it is working ok for you apart
          form that there is no real need to upgrade.

          John, I am using version 1.5 of BPQTermTCP apk and it works well on an
          Xiaomi Mi5 Android mobile phone …

          But when I press ‘disconnect’ it displays continuously ‘Disconnected’, line
          after line – I then press ‘EXIT’ to get out of the program …

          73, Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB.< o>

          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

            I would like to not have the continuous ‘disconnected’ showing - *Grin ..

            I have version 1.5 .. What is the latest version and where do I get it from please ???

            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

              One other thing John – any chance to orientate the display view from portrait t6o landscape as well ??

              73, Dick

              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016
                Dick,

                The latest is at

                https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/BPQTermAndroid.apk

                It is version 2.0, but doesn’t show it anywhere.

                If you start it with the device in landscape orientation it should stay that
                way, but won't rotate once stated - I found it quite irritating when it did
                that!

                #8217;, line

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

                  Thanks John .. See that this is version 1.0 ….

                  When I try to disconnect I get it displaying ‘Disconnecting’ and that’s all – doesn’t say ‘Disconnected’ – at least it’s not repeating  – also the word ‘disconnecting’ is spelt ‘Disonnecting’ - *Grin ..

                  I can use ‘portrait’ viewing as you suggested …

                  Thank you very much for the effort you have put into this apk – its appreciated …

                  If  I’m in the ‘public’ domain, and I connect to my BBS via the Internet using this app, am I connecting via SSH or am I able to be hacked because of passwords etc. being visible on the Internet ??? – In other words, is it a secure connection ??

                  #8217;, line

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

                    John, I see you moved the 'Connect 1' , pressing it here hangs the app. I can close it OK, but it hangs every time I try. Using Connect 2 works OK.  This is on a LG  G3 phone with Android 6.

                    Thanks   73  John

                    On 12/19/2016 09:53, 'John Wiseman' john.wiseman@... [BPQ32] wrote:

                    Dick,

                    The latest is at