RE: [BPQ32] [LinBPQ] APRS

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21 6:36 AM
      DIck,

      Are you saying replies (from IS) to APRS messages sent from RF are not being sent to RF? That is the only thing allowed from IS to RF. This follows the guidelines from the designer of APRS-IS.

      John

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21 7:18 AM

        Haven’t tried any APRS messages yet … On our local 144.8MHz channel I’m sure (I think I’ve done it), I could ‘relay’ any IS traffic to the RF channel in filtered form so as not to bring the RF channel to its knees ..

        What I’m trying to do is ‘relay’ or take filtered IS traffic and pipe it a RF channel - the other way works fine … The idea behind this is to allow radio users (without Internet) to experience getting all the APRS users in our major cities and towns in South Africa .. The amount of APRS traffic doing this is so minor compared to the UK, Europe or USA APRS networks that it will have little impact on the channel ..

        73, Dick ZS6RO