Re: NEW MEMBER INTRO PLUS QUESTION

  • KU4GW Cliff
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 17, 2013
      This is the cable I had to buY to keep HRD from stopping working John. It will likely resolve the node issue too.

      Very 73, Cliff KU4GW

      > Hi Cliff,,
      >
      > Welcome to the group and back to Packet!
      >
      > The only thing that I can think that wouldn't be fixed by restarting the TNC
      > and the software is a problem with the USB - serial adapter. You don't say
      > if you are using one, but as hardly any machines these days have real serial
      > ports I'm assuming you do I don't run a 64 bit OS here, but I have heard of
      > problems with drivers. Next time it fails, you could try stopping the
      > software, removing and reinserting the adapter and restarting the node. If
      > that fixes it, then at least you know where to start looking.
      >
      > 73, John G8BPQ
      >

      > _____

    • Dennis Nelson
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 17, 2013
        Yes i am, had to check the port after installing the bpq32 software. BTW, unless you changed the folder where you installed the bpq32 switch
        you'll have to go to a different location to change the .cfg file. 73 Dennis.

        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 18, 2013
          Cool !
          I also have an old imac on the attik doing nothing.
          Nice liltle project i think gettin bpq32 on it.
          Should be extreme stable on a Mac

          Danny PA2SNK

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Harold Kinchelow <k7ilo1@...> wrote:

          > Hey John. I have one laying around doing nothing. Let me know how I need
          > to prepare the mac. I have OSX 10.3 on it now. I was actually thinking of
          > putting Linux on it but if bpq is going to be native then ill wait.
          >
          > TTY soon
          >
          > Harold
          > K7ILO
          > On Mar 17, 2013 10:08 AM, "John Wiseman" <john.wiseman@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > **
          > > Hi folks,
          > >
          > > Is anyone interesting in running LinBPQ on a MAC?
          > >
          > > I've got a port basically working on a pretty old power pc based mac
          > > running OSX 10.3, but there is a bit of work to do in it,l and I don't want
          > > to waste the time if no one is interested.
          > >
          > > 73, John G8BPQ

        • K7ILO
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 24, 2013

            Hey John.

            I think I found a bug in the mac version of bpq and its web access.

            I have tried to configure a bbs on the mac version and bpq always shuts down completely after logging into the bbs config section.

            This happens with the first and the new release and its either logging in remotely from a different domain or on the local machine.

            Im not sure where to start looking for errors so let me know what you need to help figure this one out.

            TTY soon

            Harold

            K7ILO

          • k7ilo@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 24, 2013
              By the way.
              It seems that its only affected when logging into the bbs config, and not the chat config.
              It drops as soon as you click configuration after logging in.
              Im in chat now if you need me to try anything.

              Thanks

              Harold
              K7ILO

              Message 6 of 18 , Mar 25, 2013
                Harold,

                I don't think there is a fundamental problem as it is working here. FIrst check you have the latest HTML files from https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31910649/HTMLPages.zip If that doesn't fix it, yoiu may have a corrupt linmail.cfg file. Try renaming it so it will create a new one. If that does fix it, can you send me the old file and I'll see if I can find why it causes a creah.

                It would also be worth looking in syslog (it is /var/log/system.log on my MAC) for any error messages.

                73, John

                Is anyone interesting in running LinBPQ on a MAC?

                I've got a port basically working on a pretty old power pc based mac running OSX 10.3, but there is a bit of work to do in it,l and I don't want to waste the time if no one is interested.

                73, John G8BPQ

                </ span>