Re: [BPQ32]RMS Express connection issue

  • Ken Jacobs
    Message 1 of 38 , Mar 16, 2013
      Yes, FBB and MSYS do not support attachments, so the attachment will get lost when forwarded to those BBS systems. The original message text will still forward.  And yes.....sending large attachments over rf can take a long time, so is not recommended unless you have 9600 baud speeds available.

      Ken

      On 03/16/2013 08:58 PM, Dave wrote:

      I don't know what happened to that one message.
      None of the messages I tested had attachments. Except for that one bulletin, 3 more test bulletins were retrieved with no problem using RMSExpress in Winmor mode.
      The problem bulletin did forward OK to 2 other BPQ, 1 MSYS and 1 FBB with no problem.
      I guess we'll just have to keep it on the back burner to see if something like this happens again.
      The BPQ bbs has had no problem with attachments between BPQ systems or RMS Express. But like the doc's say, they get lost going to FBB and MSYS. I poll the CMS for a user of an MSYS BBS and that also works fine as long as there are no attachments.
      Also, attachments over RF can be a problem if they are too large. They take up too much time to send.
      Thank's for the comments.
      73
      Dave
      AFA2HV/WB2HVF

      On 3/16/2013 11:35 PM, N9ACQ wrote:

      Ken

                      So what might be Dave’s problem? How are BBS messages with attachments retrieved by a regular terminal program?

                      Day is wasted if you don’t learn something new.

      73 Bill

      N9ACQ

    • David Bird
      Message 38 of 38 , Mar 21, 2013
        Michael,

        I have lots to share but give me a couple of days to finish up projects I am currently working on. I suggest you study the Santa Clara plan and understand how it is implemented and then we can build on that.

        I have found Outpost to be the "secret" to making the system work. It is fundamental in how the system operates and makes packet a usable tool for ERC and other message communications.

        73, Dave
        WA7RYV