LINBPQ BBS - disconnect complete route on bye.

  • zl1lw
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2013
      Hi John,

      It seems that the mail (bbs) has a bug or I am using the S incorrectly for the bbs. When a user connects via another station to my node and then connects to the my linbpq bbs, the BBS drops the whole route when the users issues the 'b' bye command. In the bpq32.cfg file I added a 'S' as shown here: APPLICATION 1,SYSOP S

      As far as I understand this S should cause the link to return to the previous "hop" being my node, yet this only works for the other applications specified in the bpq32.cfg only, not the BBS.

      Thanks heaps for your assistance in solving this mistery,

      Regards

      Hannes
      ZL1LW
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2013
        Hannes,

        There is a BBS command NODE that returns you to the node instead of disconnecting.

        The APPLICATION command doesnt have a STAY flag. What you may have working is an application alias, which is in effect a connect command, and can have a STAY. So you could convert your SYSOP application line to be a connect via an alias, but it is a bit involved.

        Create a loopback port (if you dont already have one)
        Comvert your SYSOP line to a hidden command with a callsign and l2 alias - a dummy call will do
        Add a SYSOP comnamd that connects to the dummy call

        APPLICATION 1,*SYSOP,,XXX,,,XXX
        APPLICATION 2,SYSOP,c 3 xxx s                Assuming your loopback port is port 3

        73, John