BPQ32 PC to PC and PC to TNC cabling and configuration information

  • Ron Stordahl N5IN
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2008
      I have added a folder BPQ32_RS232_Cabling to the files section which
      describes the various cables and configurations needed to connect a PC
      to a TNC as well as to interconnect two PC's.

      The document is written for PC's with 9 pin RS232 connectors, but with
      a little effort you could readily translate this to those few
      remaining PC's with 25 pin connectors!

      I include examples for both KISS and NETROM protocol.

      My document is limited in the case of TNC's to the TNC2 with a 25 pin
      connector, with the KISS (usually JKISS ROM), the BPQKISS ROM and in
      the case of NETROM protocol the TheNet/X1J4 ROM.

      All the configurations I have shown have been tested, using BPQ32, and
      found to work.

      Ron Stordahl, N5IN